Questions about anything

mr3urious

Reaction score
Does anybody happen to know why the master tapes used for the Garfield and Friends DVD sets were the non-American copies? Were those master tapes in better condition/quality, or were those just more uncut than the American ones, or even no reason at all? Or did they do that as an excuse to avoid including the last season theme?
Or maybe they were more readily available.

Drtooth

Reaction score
We all should be thankful we didn't get the dreadful syndication cuts. We'd miss a huge chunk of episodes, and we wouldn't have any of the U.S. Acres shorts. I think, like a couple Binky shorts are still missing, but we've got most of the series in tact.

Now if only they could rerelease the first few seasons... I only got the last 2.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Or maybe they were more readily available.

By "readily available" do you mean easier to find in the archives?

We all should be thankful we didn't get the dreadful syndication cuts. We'd miss a huge chunk of episodes, and we wouldn't have any of the U.S. Acres shorts. I think, like a couple Binky shorts are still missing, but we've got most of the series in tact.
Yeah, if they used the syndication cuts, the original opening and first few closings would have been missing. I wonder if any of the main Garfield or U.S. Acres segments were shortened in syndication.

For years I thought it was just the last season that was not in syndication, but after looking at wrongepedia wikipedia I saw that it was more than just the last season: The last two seasons, the last half of the fifth season, and some of season four. I know that the later episodes weren't included in the syndication package because CBS had broadcasting rights to those episodes at the time, but I wonder why some of the season four episodes were left out (assuming wikipedia isn't wrong about that).

I know that after CBS' contract ran out that the syndicator was offered the remaining Garfield episodes but chose not to. I'm guessing that's the case with other animated shows that are incomplete in syndication (the networks had exclusive rights to certain episodes, and the syndicators didn't want to pay for additional episodes when the rights ended), but this doesn't seem to be a problem with live-action shows. It seems like when live-action shows enter syndication, the current season enters the syndication package after the new season starts. So why do current episodes of live-action shows eventually enter syndication while current episodes of animated shows don't?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So... Denis Leary is doing the same show again, only different?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
ERNEST GOES TO JAIL was filmed in an actual prison in Nashville, so... how exactly did they go about that? Did they temporarily transfer all the prisoners to another prison while they filmed, or were the actual prisoners themselves the extras? And if the latter, did the production team have extra security on staff to make sure no prisoner tried to harm any of the cast or crew?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The very last scene of "The Blues Brothers" was shot the same way- in a dining room with a number of the inmates as extras. The prisoners involved in the filming were in for lighter sentences, not the ones you'd find in "maximum security". But somehow Joe Walsh took time off from the Eagles to be part of the scene as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If "bling" is outdated slang, how come people are still saying it?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, is this Taylor Davis supposed to be a no-frills version of Lindsey Stirling?