Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I totally get what your saying. Leslie is a fantastic performer and an incredibly sweet person, but I think the other women puppeteers should have equal time in the spotlight too, especially if they don't have major characters that have a lot of street stories.

Plus,Leslie has such a distinct voice and that means she only has a few character voices in her repertoire for Anything Muppets, leading to many of them sounding similar. Jen Barnhart, Pam Arciero, Carmen Osbahr and Stephanie D'Abruzzo (among others) all have a good amount of voices too. Combining them all could introduce an influx of characters.

When was the last time anyone heard Pam Arciero on the show ?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It also sounded like Kevin's Elmo in WOTD, but I think that was Ryan. I guess he's just getting better.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There was only ONE new thing in today's repeat episode! It was very good. I love that Cookie calls little girls "Lady." Plus, Abby was so kind at the end. Here's the sketch I'm talking about: www.sesamestreet.org/play#media/video_d0f346f4-4b43-443b-915d-f970552d1ad2.
I actually give them credit for sneaking new footage in these rerun episodes. That was a pretty fun bit they did right there.

I dunno. It's hard to know what to route for. Either more new episodes a season that will inevitably be rush written (like Judy and the Beast obviously was, that's the only excuse for such a poor concept I accept), or the audience winds up sitting through the same episodes they already reran into the ground.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Ryan's Elmo doesn't even sound like Kevin's Elmo.
Well, I don't know about that. He seems pretty good to me. But oh well, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Again, is there a video online anywhere of the Tyler Perry/Elmo segment? I couldn't seem to find that anywhere.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Ryan's Elmo doesn't even sound like Kevin's Elmo.

He basically just started doing the character. What do you expect? No performer recast has ever been that seamless. Some have come close, but overall, it takes time. Who cares if the voice isn't exactly the same? As everyone says, voice is only part of the performance. Ryan gets Elmo's mannerisms and speech patterns.

I don't know why I'm wasting all this talk on you, because it's always apparent you don't know what you're talking about and barely elaborate on your thoughts.

Drtooth

Reaction score
He basically just started doing the character. What do you expect? No performer recast has ever been that seamless. Some have come close, but overall, it takes time. Who cares if the voice isn't exactly the same? As everyone says, voice is only part of the performance. Ryan gets Elmo's mannerisms and speech patterns.
Something every Muppet fan should know by now.

If there's one thing I'm sick of saying, myself, is that certain fans whine when a character isn't used because the performer is no longer with them (for various reasons) and then when they bring them back they say "[so and so] doesn't sound the same." The wonderful Catch 22 of "I hate the new characters and want the old ones back, but I want them to sound exactly the same."

I agree completely. Ryan's Elmo sounds enough like Elmo, except for some very subtle nasal (for lack of a better word) quality, but I could barely tell the difference in performance and enthusiasm. Elmo's too integral to the series to dump completely. Sounding and acting close enough is as good as a recast is going to get. Complaining like JazzyAlphabet did about him sounding not exactly the same is useless.