Wayne & Wanda

Gonzo

Reaction score
(wow, I actually just rolled up my sleeves in preparation to type a response)

A few things to get out of the way:

1) BRYON, it's "WAYNE," not "WANYE." Which you know. (heh--bRYon)

2) I'm flattered that I was named by name as someone who would chime in against W&W.

3) I would have done so earlier but I was busy doing birthday stuff for Miles Saturday and wasn't back online until yesterday.

4) And then I saw a thread about W&W and chose to ignore it.

BUT, now that all those preliminaries are out of the way, here's my two cents. I appreciate the extensive bios and commentary of David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole (which is always how I think of your name), and the opinions of some of you other W&W fans. I think it's great that there are those of us who appreciate the more obscure, "forgotten" Muppets.

I think there's a reason those characters have fallen by the wayside, and become forgotten, and that's because they were boring, one-note characters that never really resonated with the audience, the writers, other characters, or with Quinn Himself. Compared to some of you, I'm a newcomer to Muppet fandom, and probably because of that, I never really got along with the first season characters. From Piggy's look to W&W to Mildred, George, and Hildy, I just don't dig it. The characters don't have the same "family" relationship with each other, they're often more cruel, and they just feel like sketches of what would later become full-fledged, warm blooded, live characters. And some of you enjoy that roughness. I don't.

Really, I do like the last part of every Wayne & Wanda sketch--when they blow up or the tree falls on them or they commit self-immolation...but I don't like the singing, and I don't like the characters. Maybe we're not meant to, in the Frank Burns/Hot Lips way that someone else suggested. But I don't see them as sympathetic characters--just pathetic. And Sam worked best as a solo.

That's it.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

:halo:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
(wow, I actually just rolled up my sleeves in preparation to type a response)

A few things to get out of the way:

1) BRYON, it's "WAYNE," not "WANYE." Which you know. (heh--bRYon)

AUUUUUUUUGH!! I SO just noticed that!! :embarrassed:

4) And then I saw a thread about W&W and chose to ignore it.

Wait, lemme get this straight---you saw a thread be me, and IGNORED it???

:mad:

The characters don't have the same "family" relationship with each other, they're often more cruel, and they just feel like sketches of what would later become full-fledged, warm blooded, live characters. And some of you enjoy that roughness. I don't.
Huh, interesting---I see Hilda and George as bein' family (in the 1st season), to a degree, but Hilda, Wayne, and Wanda were never cruel---and I'll have to witness if George was or not. :smirk:

Piggy can be cruel, but you love that side o' hot bacon.

But don't we all.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Wait, lemme get this straight---you saw a thread be me, and IGNORED it???

Huh, interesting---I see Hilda and George as bein' family (in the 1st season), to a degree, but Hilda, Wayne, and Wanda were never cruel---and I'll have to witness if George was or not. :smirk:

Piggy can be cruel, but you love that side o' hot bacon.

I haven't mastered the Multiple Quote thing yet.

1) I saw a thread BY you...not BE you.

2) Hilda, Wayne & Wanda weren't cruel, but were frequently the recipients of cruel behavior. Which was funny, but it demeaned the other Muppets, in my opinion. Statler and Waldorf are one thing...cruelty to Beaker is one thing...the Swedish Chef...okay, I guess I pick and choose who I like being cruel.

3) And she's SWEET Bacon, not HOT Bacon. Okay, she's both.

:mad: :halo: :mad:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
I haven't mastered the Multiple Quote thing yet.

1) I saw a thread BY you...not BE you.

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!!!!!!

What is WITH me tonight?!?!!

2) Hilda, Wayne & Wanda weren't cruel, but were frequently the recipients of cruel behavior. Which was funny, but it demeaned the other Muppets, in my opinion. Statler and Waldorf are one thing...cruelty to Beaker is one thing...the Swedish Chef...okay, I guess I pick and choose who I like being cruel.

3) And she's SWEET Bacon, not HOT Bacon. Okay, she's both.

Gotcha.

And the multiple quote thing got me to at first, but then I figguhed it out.

<hick voice>

"Awwwwll's ya got to do iiiiiiis..."

</hick voice>

Keep the first "[ quote ][ b ]", then close it off manually where ya wanna end the first quote----type "[ /quote ][ /b ]" (no quotes or spaces anywhere---I had to put the spaces in to show ya so it wouldn't encode 'em).

Then when ya want a 2nd quote, just type:

[ quote ][ b ]

and then to end it,

[ /quote ][ /b ]

(again, no spaces)

Do that fer ev'ry quote ya wanna make, and htere's ya go. :smile:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Too complimicated!

I knew I could do it MANUALLY...I was hoping there was a BUTTON!!!

:grouchy:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I should comment on Wayne and Wanda here, since I sort of got off subject with my questions about Erin's Janice. Anyway, I really haven't seen too much of them other than in the Vincent Price episode and Wayne in the opening number in the Debbie Harry episode. It would have been nice if they would have gotten more airtime. I wonder if Erin Ozner leaving had anything to do with the retirement of Wanda. After all, her pupateer wasn't replaced until three seasons later.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In Kermit voice: Cute... Cute joke.
Coulda served him well when he was making his Muppet JLA/JLU customs instead of the Koozbanian family.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Is it Wayne and Wanda Twins?
I take it you mean weren't Wayne and Wanda twins Laser?

I don't think so. If they were meant to be twins or related in any way whatsoever personally I'm sure they would have made that clear from the beginning.

They strike me as more a singing partner team. Friends. If anything possible implied romance in some of their skit's contexts.

And I do love them as season one characters. Their skits are great.:big_grin: