Wayne & Wanda

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
i would be more worried about you, Byron, than Sam....

Sarah

i bet you bite harder....

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
LoL...I'll deal with Sam when he comes around :wink:

But see By, I don't look to the Muppet Show to do standards, at least not in standard ways. I like TMS because, in one word, its wacky! I like the all around craziness, and I LOVE how they can take a normally dull-ish song and bring it to life. Wayne and Wanda don't do that for the show, and in turn, don't do it for me.

*now has The Captain and Tennile's "Do That to Me One More Time" stuck in the head* :mad:

:big_grin:

-Matt

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
i see Byron...and yes I do believe he is carrying a big stick...

Sarah

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I'm glad they got rid of Wayne and Wanda. The song never lasted long enough for it to be interesting, and the gag was always the obvious, predictable one. Kermit was right to "fire" them.

(ducks Byron's stick) :wink:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
It's okay y'all, I ain't gonna beat nobody wif no stick, lol. :halo:

See, ya gotta remember, my reasonin' fer likin' 'em is more nostalgia than anuthang. I remember bein' a li'l boy and thinkin' it was SOOOOOOOO funny when the inevitable would happen in their songs---and when you're a young kid, the obvious ain't as obvious as it to us now-older Silly Creatures. :stick_out_tongue:

Since my memories of watchin' TMS as a child are an immense warm fuzzy fer me, it's that aspect about 'em that I like. I remember 'em, so that rocks in muh "personal mental Muppet archive from eons ago".

:smile:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Everyone knows that I love Wayne and Wanda.

Wanda's voice is just fantastic, Ive never heard a voice like it.
She is a great looking Puppet too, That didnt get used too often.

Wayne has a great singing voice and he is such a great character, Even when he doesnt do nothing !

Id like to see Wayne and Wanda have a minor role in a new Muppet production, As a salute to the good old days.

Like we just see them leaving the stage or something !
They dont even need to talk.

Its sad that we lost Richard Hunt and Eren Ozker, Both to AIDS in the early 90's.

So if anyone from Henson is listening here, Just a nice little tidbit for the fans and a tribute to Richard and Eren. Let Wayne and Wanda just be seen in a new Muppet production.

"Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful

If theres no place to go,
Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow !

Ha! Funny ! "

see ya

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It was something fun for Sam to make an introduction to.

I think they could have lasted longer had, in the beginning, things they sang about just happened they way they did, but if they were to begin doing whole songs that just everything around them fell apart and they reacted to that as it happened it would have been more effective.

I liked them for what they did...which wasn't much...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
I think they could have lasted longer had, in the beginning, things they sang about just happened they way they did, but if they were to begin doing whole songs that just everything around them fell apart and they reacted to that as it happened it would have been more effective.
:confused:

Um, I don't follow ya here...

:embarrassed:

:confused:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Re Sam: That, I think, was actually one of the problems. The writers thought, "Oh, Sam's function on the show is to introduce Wayne & Wanda." But that's an extremely limited role, and since Wayne & Wanda weren't hilarious to begin with...

Sam really took off as a character in the second season when he started being involved in backstage plots, reacting to the craziness and interacting with the other characters.

And now, just because I haven't used this smiley in a while: :attitude:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Wanda's voice is just fantastic, Ive never heard a voice like it.
She is a great looking Puppet too, That didnt get used too often.
Didn't Janice used to sound like her? I'm still waiting on that Rita Moreno episode to find out.