New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Andrea

Reaction score
Just signed on...about ten years too late. If I had known this was here 10 years ago I would have been here. I really like puppets (and dolls) and making them and creating their persona. I have always loved the muppets and followed them since the early 60's. My Children and now their children have always been surrounded by muppets.

I just bought my first Whatnot. After planning/dreaming about making my own muppet for years I first saw the Whatnots when they were on the Today Show in Oct 2008, only a month after what was to be my last trip to NYC for a while. Then, life got busy and I had to put fun things aside. A few days ago I was strolling through ToysRUs and there on the shelf was my new favorite plaything. I got the orange body kit and a red hoody an haven't gotten any work done in three days. I spent the first day browsing the web for inspiration. Late that night I took the body (no eyes or anything) to WalMart to figure out what size clothes fit best and try on a few looks. I have decide that this Whatnot with velcro parts will be my "Rollin Hand" [Rollin W. Hand] and I will continue to try on various looks and characters. I am now in search of a trunk to neatly store and display a million disguises and have started building a dossier full of characters to make with the various parts. I look forward to making various interchangeable eyes, noses, wigs & various hair pieces, and clothing to create the characters to tell stories to my grandchildren.

So Far, I have Rollin who stays in the shadows and nobody knows what he actually looks like except that he wears dark glasses and a red hoody and doesn't say much. Rollin sort of reminds me of Banksy and is sorta an "Exit through the gift shop" kinda guy. Anonymity is important to this artistic genius and master of disguise.
Burns (or maybe Buddy) is the mundane "Clark Kent" persona of the amazing Rollin. Burns/Buddy is a plaid shirt straight laced sorta guy that can hang out with the neighbors and blend in. No one would suspect that the mild mannered muppet is a secret agent of story telling and mischief.
Leslie is a somewhat eccentric middle-aged hippie type--not the obvious tie-dye headband-wearing pieces-sign pendant hippie--more of a blend of Barbra Streisand and Cass Elliot. I think she can sing but she doesn't get that from me. I need to make her some eyes with great eyelashes and find her the right hat...I am thinking a crocheted beanie.
The cast will continue with a Rastafarian, I suppose I will need a Santa's Helper [for the grandkids], a child [this one will be "Kind of Kind (David Osmond)" kinda guy], an old woman [maybe a jolly Nana type AND a grouchy witchy one--depending on my mood that day], and others. I think dressing and creating will be the best part of the friendship. But first, I NEED that trunk!

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Welcome to Muppet Central Andrea! I hope you enjoy our little forum here!

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Just signed on...about ten years too late. If I had known this was here 10 years ago I would have been here. I really like puppets (and dolls) and making them and creating their persona. I have always loved the muppets and followed them since the early 60's. My Children and now their children have always been surrounded by muppets.

I just bought my first Whatnot. After planning/dreaming about making my own muppet for years I first saw the Whatnots when they were on the Today Show in Oct 2008, only a month after what was to be my last trip to NYC for a while. Then, life got busy and I had to put fun things aside. A few days ago I was strolling through ToysRUs and there on the shelf was my new favorite plaything. I got the orange body kit and a red hoody an haven't gotten any work done in three days. I spent the first day browsing the web for inspiration. Late that night I took the body (no eyes or anything) to WalMart to figure out what size clothes fit best and try on a few looks. I have decide that this Whatnot with velcro parts will be my "Rollin Hand" [Rollin W. Hand] and I will continue to try on various looks and characters. I am now in search of a trunk to neatly store and display a million disguises and have started building a dossier full of characters to make with the various parts. I look forward to making various interchangeable eyes, noses, wigs & various hair pieces, and clothing to create the characters to tell stories to my grandchildren.

So Far, I have Rollin who stays in the shadows and nobody knows what he actually looks like except that he wears dark glasses and a red hoody and doesn't say much. Rollin sort of reminds me of Banksy and is sorta an "Exit through the gift shop" kinda guy. Anonymity is important to this artistic genius and master of disguise.
Burns (or maybe Buddy) is the mundane "Clark Kent" persona of the amazing Rollin. Burns/Buddy is a plaid shirt straight laced sorta guy that can hang out with the neighbors and blend in. No one would suspect that the mild mannered muppet is a secret agent of story telling and mischief.
Leslie is a somewhat eccentric middle-aged hippie type--not the obvious tie-dye headband-wearing pieces-sign pendant hippie--more of a blend of Barbra Streisand and Cass Elliot. I think she can sing but she doesn't get that from me. I need to make her some eyes with great eyelashes and find her the right hat...I am thinking a crocheted beanie.
The cast will continue with a Rastafarian, I suppose I will need a Santa's Helper [for the grandkids], a child [this one will be "Kind of Kind (David Osmond)" kinda guy], an old woman [maybe a jolly Nana type AND a grouchy witchy one--depending on my mood that day], and others. I think dressing and creating will be the best part of the friendship. But first, I NEED that trunk!

I look forward to getting to know all of you.
It's nice to meet you. Thank you very much for sharing information with us.
Have fun at Muppet Central Forum! :smile:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Hi my name is Zed Buckmaster, I'm 14 years old (in high school) and I have loved the Muppets since before I could talk. I first watched Sesame Street when I was 6 months old and loved Elmo, although I am now a fan of the classics. I was introduced to the Muppet Show when I was 2-years-old and I loved it as well. I would watch Muppet Treasure Island every day for a month straight. I would always visit this site and Kermitage, which sadly has left the Internet. My Muppet obsession was later grown to include Bear in the Big Blue House, Fraggle Rock, the Hoobs, and The Dark Crystal. I am very glad to be a part of your forum.

-Zed Buckmaster.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hi my name is Zed Buckmaster, I'm 14 years old (in high school) and I have loved the Muppets since before I could talk. I first watched Sesame Street when I was 6 months old and loved Elmo, although I am now a fan of the classics. I was introduced to the Muppet Show when I was 2-years-old and I loved it as well. I would watch Muppet Treasure Island every day for a month straight. I would always visit this site and Kermitage, which sadly has left the Internet. My Muppet obsession was later grown to include Bear in the Big Blue House, Fraggle Rock, the Hoobs, and The Dark Crystal. I am very glad to be a part of your forum.

-Zed Buckmaster.
You sure are. I hope you have fun at Muppet Central Forum as much as us.

dwayne1115

Reaction score

-Zed Buckmaster.
Welcome to Muppet Central! I hope you have a lot of fun here on the forum!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score

-Zed Buckmaster.

Hi Zed! Welcome to Muppet Central! I had been obessed with Muppets too and I am a huge fan of Fraggle Rock. So, make yourself feel right at home.