The Most Annoying Kids Shows

Drtooth

Reaction score
Boohbah was turd. I really wish I could say something harsher, but there was no call for that to be made. It's not even good on a stoner or camp level. No one liked it, and it disappeared quickly. The characters were ugly, and looked like someone destroyed a Grimace doll. Annoying isn't even the word. It's mind erasing.

Ringo was the best narrator, he just seemed so friendly telling the stories. I think it might have been the British accent, haha. George Carlin was better at doing different voices for the characters, and his work was funnier. But Alec Baldwin's short-lived tenure was awful, and I couldn't tell you who does the narration now.
Baldwin wasn't a good fit at the time. He was only there because he was there in the movie, and we all know how well the movie turned out. It could have been good, but some test audience of Wade Duck, Boober, and Cringer thought it was too scary. Of course, I do remember Ebert and Roper tearing into the movie because the trains' mouths didn't move like they didn't get the point.

WHAT!?!? Lazytown and Zaboomafoo? What is this blasphemy? The only part of Zaboomafoo that annoyed me were the stop motion parts. I wound't call Caillou annoying as it was mind numbing.

Truth be told I'm not quite sure if you are confusing 'annoying' and 'bad'...

Because annoying does not equate to bad.
Lazytown is weird, but hardly annoying. I can't really sit through an episode, but I did like the hammy as heck villain. The puppets were very much uncanny valley. Zaboomafoo was cute, but I'm really digging WildKratts much more. Leave it to the Kratts to make a good nature show.

I also take umbrage to the listing of Curious George and Martha Speaks. Those are the sharpest written PBS kid's shows I've seen in years (Word Girl being another). Heck, Martha's my favorite Tabitha St. Germane character (sorry Rarity). As far as George, if nothing else, it has an impressive voice cast. Frank Welker, Jim Cummings, Jeff Glenn Bennet, E.G. Daily... occasionally even Rob Paulsen. Classic American voice actors.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Teletubbies...that show sucked so much...
I never found Teletubbies to be as horrible as everyone says it is. I just found it odd and sort of mesmerizing.

The one show I can't stand is Super Why, it bowdlerizes the fairy tails to the point of it being nothing like the original. It also somehow made the "interactive" formula worse than it was before.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I never found Teletubbies to be as horrible as everyone says it is. I just found it odd and sort of mesmerizing.
Yes, TELETUBBIES had the same sort of effect on some kids as H.R. PUFNSTUF did in 1969... it was just so weird and strange, yet colorful and mesmerizing, you couldn't help but watch.

Bridget

Reaction score
The Wonder Pets. I am completely surprised that half of the animals they have saved actually survived, considering the fact that their team sings through any crisis...

Drtooth

Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more the camp of that show was intentional. The whole "gay" Tinky Winky thing? TOTALLY intentional with a wink and a nod. Still not a fan, though. The show was never meant to be taken seriously, and I'd almost think it was a stealth parody that pretended to play itself straight.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lazytown is weird, but hardly annoying. I can't really sit through an episode, but I did like the hammy as heck villain.
I loved Lazytown. Strangely enough I ended up watching it almost every morning before class at college. Like you say, it's the hammy villain that really elevates the show for me, lol. There was the episode where he stole Stephanie's diary, only to realize she had written nice things about him. Awww, lol. :halo:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Despite it being a little bit creepy with the puppet designs, I'll give Lazytown credit for not being a Dora clone. Plus, I love that pirate song for some reason. :smile: