Video: Muppets Most Wanted Official Teaser Trailer On-line

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Well Ty Burrell gets his own number written by Brett... i wonder if Sam will take part

This sequel promises more music, written once more by Oscar-winning Muppets man Bret McKenzie. And Burrell didn’t miss out on the musical action. “I have a song, written by Bret. Mine is more of a patter song, but really fun and funny

Drtooth

Reaction score
The real challenge, however, will be Miss Piggy and Fozzie. They seem to be the most problematic for most toymakers.
I don't see why Fozzie has to be so hard to pull off. Piggy's nose is a challenge to get right with a plush medium, granted. But Fozzie shouldn't be impossible. It's always the eyes and nose that are wrong. The nose needs to oh so slightly overlap both eyes, and somehow that can't be done for some reason. The thing that really ruined the 2011 plush was the fabric eyes, which I totally understand is a safety issue concerning plastic bits that can be snapped off and choked on (but it takes quite the excessive force to do that). I don't see why they didn't embroider the eyes on like they did Piggy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Piggy at least looks better as of The Muppets. Better than the fat faced, flat haired, long eared one we got the last decade.

They have to find a way to kitbash or jerryrig some other fur for Fozzie.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Piggy at least looks better as of The Muppets. Better than the fat faced, flat haired, long eared one we got the last decade.

They have to find a way to kitbash or jerryrig some other fur for Fozzie.
Piggy does look better but there's too many puppet variations, no too puppets look the same at all.

Fozzie, as I've cribbed about before, must have been a conscious decision on Disneys part. The fur can be sourced! I'm assuming its to make him more appealing to the kiddies - infact most of the Muppets have been given a kiddie friendly makeover since Disney bought them out. That said, the fur is only one of my many problems with the new Fozzie. The worst offence is the eye focus, if Disney want him to be kid friendly, they should not make him look like he's heavily into his recreational drugs!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't see why anyone has a problem with the Muppets doing a semi-current song
I think it's just because on Muppet Show they were lampooning popular hits, whereas at times in the '90s it felt like the Muppets were using current songs just to seem hip.

Can't really tell which one the Jagger bit is from the trailer, so I'll wait before commenting, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think it's just because on Muppet Show they were lampooning popular hits, whereas at times in the '90s it felt like the Muppets were using current songs just to seem hip.
It really seems to be the former here... it's used almost ironically.

But the WORST, and I have to agree with Toughpigs on this one, is Muppet Beach Party. The only thing Muppety about it was them making dumb comments inbetween lines of the song? At least they're not doing that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It really seems to be the former here... it's used almost ironically.
Oh I agree, my only concern is that it's too embarrassing for the character. But I know, I promised to wait for context, lol.

But the WORST, and I have to agree with Toughpigs on this one, is Muppet Beach Party. The only thing Muppety about it was them making dumb comments inbetween lines of the song? At least they're not doing that.
Which one was that again?

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Interesting new stuff about the movie from an interview with Brett Mckenzie...

MINOR SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will Gonzo get a song this time?
Gonzo has a couple of verses. He doesn’t have a feature song. Piggy has a big song. Ricky Gervais has a really great voice so it’s exciting.

Is Muppets Most Wanted still a musical?
Yeah, yeah, yeah. They did the first test screening last night for friends and family, so I’m just about to start doing post-production on it.

Are you composing the songs again, or just music supervisor this time?
I’ve written all the songs.

Will the Moopets be back?
I don’t know, maybe. I’m not a big fan of the Moopets to be honest, but they do show up a little bit. I like the Fozzie one. [In New York accent] “Wacka Wacka.”

Which Muppets do you want to write for this time who didn’t get a song in the last one?
Bret McKenzie: I’m always trying to get Lew Zealand in because his name sounds like New Zealand. Lew Zealand is one of the rarer Muppets. He has a boomerang so he’s sort of a mixture of Australia and New Zealand