Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Then I guess the big problem is Disney being Disney and not wanting to bother getting any TV series season sets get made.
I see what you mean. They never got around to finishing any other series they put out on DVD due to low sales. But maybe Muppet Babies could change their thoughts.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I may start restoring Season 1 in a few days, doing a episode every day or two. Season 1 is 13 episodes I believe. I may start episode 1 now actually.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I see what you mean. They never got around to finishing any other series they put out on DVD due to low sales. But maybe Muppet Babies could change their thoughts.
I don't buy the "Low sales" bit. They put in so little care in the Disney Afternoon sets that they could afford to have them sell sluggishly. No special features, a very amateurish menu....minimal restoration. Looked like something bootlegged.

Though, the Muppet Show DVD's were always high sellers. There's no excuse for the wait between season 3 and 4, other than pesky music rights.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
It's probably just more copyright problems. If they could sell MB, I have a feeling they would. I wasn't around during the show's airing, but i would still buy it. I really do enjoy the show. I am actually restoring Noisy Neighbors right now! I may do 3 a day until I'm done with Season 1.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney is doing the Muppets a service by not reviving Muppet Babies just yet. While I think they're being overly cautious about the brand overall, tossing Muppet Babies into that would complicate things. I really think that, in time, Muppet Babies can be a viable brand. I'd love to see DVD's, but there's the possibility nostalgic 80's cartoon fans would flock to Muppet babies instead of the actual Muppets.

And overall, I'd rather season 4 and 5 of the original show first

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Disney is doing the Muppets a service by not reviving Muppet Babies just yet. While I think they're being overly cautious about the brand overall, tossing Muppet Babies into that would complicate things. I really think that, in time, Muppet Babies can be a viable brand. I'd love to see DVD's, but there's the possibility nostalgic 80's cartoon fans would flock to Muppet babies instead of the actual Muppets.

And overall, I'd rather season 4 and 5 of the original show first
That could possibly be why. But I rarely see the Muppet Show DVDs anymore-at my Target, they've replaced them with Tiny Toon Adventures DVDs. The last time I saw them was Easter 2012, when The Muppets DVD/Blu-ray combo pack came out. My copy came with a sampler disc of the show.

It's probably just more copyright problems. If they could sell MB, I have a feeling they would. I wasn't around during the show's airing, but i would still buy it. I really do enjoy the show. I am actually restoring Noisy Neighbors right now! I may do 3 a day until I'm done with Season 1.
Good luck with your project!

Rugratskid

Reaction score
That could possibly be why. But I rarely see the Muppet Show DVDs anymore-at my Target, they've replaced them with Tiny Toon Adventures DVDs. The last time I saw them was Easter 2012, when The Muppets DVD/Blu-ray combo pack came out. My copy came with a sampler disc of the show.

Good luck with your project!
Thanks, I have 2 episodes done so far.

gregishere

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Been awhile since there wasn't any news on the Muppet Babies and I still hope enough fans bombard Disney to release the series from the 80's! Rumors were-they needed to 'pay for' the numerous film clips used..but I was told there were contracts to run the clips all they wanted,when the show made their deals. Now there is talk of something political behind the delay.Sorry to see the discussions haven't been plentiful as other forums ..glad the faithful core exists...Fans may need a campaign.
Also...Aside from finding me here on MC, I am on Facebook as time permits.
thanks again MB fans! Greg Berg

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Been awhile since there wasn't any news on the Muppet Babies and I still hope enough fans bombard Disney to release the series from the 80's! Rumors were-they needed to 'pay for' the numerous film clips used..but I was told there were contracts to run the clips all they wanted,when the show made their deals. Now there is talk of something political behind the delay.Sorry to see the discussions haven't been plentiful as other forums ..glad the faithful core exists...Fans may need a campaign.
Also...Aside from finding me here on MC, I am on Facebook as time permits.
thanks again MB fans! Greg Berg
I am currently fighting for a complete widescreen copy of The Rugrats Movie WITH the extra 4 minutes of deleted scenes. Muppet Babies seems a little too difficult with all the clips from other shows and movies, but I can still contact Disney and see what they say!