What sketches scared you as a kid?

Drtooth

Reaction score
When I first saw the Pinball Number Count #2, I totally flipped out at the clown's face and when when the bat flew up to the screen.
That one's the worst. The music really doesn't need creepy visuals when it goes into the haunted house. It makes the music more ominous and the setting more ominous because of the music being more ominous due to the setting. And I'm no clowns are creepy guy, but that clown was creepy.

But the Owe Gustafson animation about the 8 bats with the intentionally ominous bats and music and the fact it lasts forever... that's even worse.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was said, but I was always afraid of Ragg Mopp. Also, the crow at the end of SS credits scared the crap out of me! I remember having recurring nightmares about that one
*shivers*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This one unnerved me as a little kid a bit...

I think it's the combination of the dark background, the ghastly music, the fact that buffalos aren't pleasant animals (and it's red, making it look devilish)...

D'Snowth

Reaction score

I think it's the combination of the dark background, the ghastly music, the fact that buffalos aren't pleasant animals (and it's red, making it look devilish)...

WaiterGrover

Reaction score
Back for my biannual visit, heh. Falling into the "wasn't terrifying, but guaranteed to produce unease" category, was this, and the "foghorn" heard in the beginning here.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score

...Was just waiting for a scary face to pop up at the end.
That music is absolutely terrifying:embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There were others like it... there's an L for Lion that's also on YouTube, which uses the exact same music, though somehow, the image of the lion isn't quite as menacing as the buffalo, which makes it a tad more tolerable.

Then, there's another B one for boat, but unlike B for Buffalo and L for Lion, the B for Boat one actually uses really nice and pleasant music, like you would expect from Sesame.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Can't find it alone, but something about this Swedish cartoon about Sheep got to me once.

Can't remember if it was the music sounding all creepy because of how fuzzy it was... maybe the way the last sheep slides in there at the end... but I recall not really liking it so much.

It's one of those things that seems silly now... I dunno. At one point, I felt these were from Europe, and something about that was unnerving .

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You know what I don't get? The baby cooing at the end of the music sting.