What sketches scared you as a kid?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't remember it being annoying. It was awesome. BTW, Did you know that the beginning part of that wind-up toys, robots, satellites, and space shuttle, used "Manege Aux Tuileries?" Manege Aux Tuileries is also composed by Janko Nilovic (The same composer who composed "Portrait D'un Robot"). BTW, I used to remember hearing "Manege Aux Tuileries" during the intermission at the Big Apple Circus in 1990.
I didn't care much for the music or the ugly looking toys.

I get why it's scary, though... really ugly creepy toys moving on their own.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I used to love The Number of the Day, but now it scares me. The voices of each of the organ pipes, the sound of The Count cracking his hands, and when The Count plays his organ is what makes it scary.

wedgered2

Reaction score
I was terrified of the BLUE Big Bad Wolf on Sesame Street. Had a nightmare about him attacking my family when we all in my dad's van. He ripped the back doors off like he was the Hulk, and we all escaped out the front doors. Luckily, he didn't seem to even notice us, and he seemed pretty dumb. We ran over behind some bushes and watched him as he growled and tore the van apart and ate it. The end. Only had the dream once (circa, maybe, 1974 or '75?), but I still remember the dream in excruciating detail. Also, the blue and black spider in the Little Miss Muffet skit, when Kermit the reporter was interviewing her? That spider terrified me, with his deep voice, though I never had a nightmare about him.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I was terrified of the BLUE Big Bad Wolf on Sesame Street. Had a nightmare about him attacking my family when we all in my dad's van. He ripped the back doors off like he was the Hulk, and we all escaped out the front doors. Luckily, he didn't seem to even notice us, and he seemed pretty dumb. We ran over behind some bushes and watched him as he growled and tore the van apart and ate it. The end. Only had the dream once (circa, maybe, 1974 or '75?), but I still remember the dream in excruciating detail. Also, the blue and black spider in the Little Miss Muffet skit, when Kermit the reporter was interviewing her? That spider terrified me, with his deep voice, though I never had a nightmare about him.

He looks like Herry Monster.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
How about the first version of Mr. Snuffleupagus?

I mean…I…I…I……WAAAAAAUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! (hides behind the couch in fright)

P.S. Thank goodness that his design was changed for season 4.

Now THAT is scary!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Sesame Street
-I was EXTREMELY afraid of the YipYips when I was a kid, because of how the noises they would make.
-The Elmo Says Boo VHS scared me because of how pretty much ANYTHING Halloween-ish freaked me out!
-When I got older, I was the "Ernie goes rock hunting" skit on YouTube and the dragon scared me a lot!
-Our library had a plush Guy Smiley that freaked me because of how it looked, :big_grin:.

The Muppet Show

-The Alice Cooper episode scared the CRAP out of me, mostly because of the Welcome to My Nightmare segment.
-I remember being a little bit afraid of Chopped Liver (who was in the Alice Cooper episode, as well).

Other

-The scene in the Dark Crystal were the Skeskis was dying freaked me out a tad.
-I remember being a little bit afraid of the Fireys from Labyrinth when I was younger.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Now THAT is scary!
Not only that, but Snuffy looks so Dilworth-esque! (If you've seen Courage, you know what I mean.)

As for sketches that scared me, none come to me at the moment. However, my hearing is pretty sensitive, so I used to get tense when I heard some kinds of sounds, like the drum roll in that cartoon with the 3 dogs performing acrobatic tricks.