TV Alert: The Muppets on "Good Luck Charlie" Season 4 premiere April 28, 2013

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Our friends at toughpigs did a review of the show, and they had a still shot of Kermit and Piggy on TV with the Muppet Show curtain. What makes this picture interesting is the little TVG rating box that you see at the start of every show on TY. This brings up a couple of questions in my mind. (1.) Does this mean that the Muppets could be coming back to TV sooner then we think....or...(2) was it put there to show the Muppets are a family show, and the little girl would be fine watching it?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Man, that Toughpigs article is a little too tongue in cheek. I was kinda hoping for some sarcastic barbs, but that's a little too sarcastic for my taste.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Our friends at toughpigs did a review of the show, and they had a still shot of Kermit and Piggy on TV with the Muppet Show curtain. What makes this picture interesting is the little TVG rating box that you see at the start of every show on TY. This brings up a couple of questions in my mind. (1.) Does this mean that the Muppets could be coming back to TV sooner then we think....or...(2) was it put there to show the Muppets are a family show, and the little girl would be fine watching it?
I'm pretty sure the TVG box is on every Disney Channel show (though I could be wrong, I haven't watched the network in years!). I didn't watch the episode, but I'm sure it was never meant to be used specifically for the Muppets' scene. It's just part of the airing of "Good Luck Charlie".

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
From watching the clip posted here, I'd have to agree that it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It wasn't the most thrilling musical number and I'm still not a fan of this show but there were a couple of touches that I liked (Animal's drum set and Kermit saying, "Good Luck, Charlie!")

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the TVG box is on every Disney Channel show (though I could be wrong, I haven't watched the network in years!). I didn't watch the episode, but I'm sure it was never meant to be used specifically for the Muppets' scene. It's just part of the airing of "Good Luck Charlie".
He's referring to this picture on ToughPigs which LOOKS like the TVG symbol is on the tv that Charlie is watching. But when you actually look at it, the G is overlapping the TV and you can see the wallpaper of the Duncan's house behind the TV, indicating that is is part of Good Luck Charlie and not the scene from the Muppet Show

The TVG symbol is just the typical symbol that appears after the commercial break. Dwayne mistook it as a symbol that was appearing on the tv that Charlie was watching. If the symbol was part of the Muppet Show on the TV as he thought, the symbol would be down more and smaller.

(The picture is not a direct screenshot, someone is filming their tv)

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
He's referring to this picture on ToughPigs which LOOKS like the TVG symbol is on the tv that Charlie is watching. But when you actually look at it, the G is overlapping the TV and you can see the wallpaper of the Duncan's house behind the TV, indicating that is is part of Good Luck Charlie and not the scene from the Muppet Show

The TVG symbol is just the typical symbol that appears after the commercial break. Dwayne mistook it as a symbol that was appearing on the tv that Charlie was watching. If the symbol was part of the Muppet Show on the TV as he thought, the symbol would be down more and smaller.

(The picture is not a direct screenshot, someone is filming their tv)

Yes, that's pretty much what I said. The symbol is part of GLC, and not the specific Muppet scene.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I was just trying to make sure it was clear. I couldn't tell if you knew what he was talking about or not :stick_out_tongue:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
hummm i don't know y'all I still say it's out of place....

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
But its a scene just after the commercial break when those things usually appear. And its overlapping the onscreen tv :/

I put a white border around where the on screen tv is, hopefully making it more clear. The box is on top of the tv. The leafy wallpaper is part of whats being shown on tv. The really thick black around the edges is because someone filmed their tv. Anything around the sides of the picture is not part of the GLC episode. Like I said, the G would not be on top of the on screen tv if it was meant to be part of the muppet show.

I'm afraid you are getting your hopes up over an optical illusion :/

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I knew I wouldn't really agree with this episode. At least they didn't make it that bad, but it was still pretty bad.
Muppets and Disney Channel just DON'T go together. It's been proved in the past many, many times. (Do I have to remind anyone?)

I haven't seen Piggy in this outfit in a while. Actually, I think the last time I saw her wear it besides this appearance, was on the Muppet Show Season Three main menu.