Coke & Pepsi: Is it just me?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Erin, I tried to stick your post in here too but I haven't figured out that multiple-quote-edit thing yet sorry.
Hehe, that's ok. I haven't figured it out either... :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Beebers said:
I'm not completely sure which you mean by Italian sodas. Home-made soda is so far superior to any commercial sodas out there that there's no comparison at all. Your ingredients are all fresh, all natural, and there are zero additives such as high-fructose corn syrup, etc. Plus you bottle in glass, in which flavor is always superior.

I make sodas, beers, tabascos, wines, cordials, liqueurs, ketchups, all kinds of stuff, just for us, and for friends. I'd love to do these recipes commercially but haven't the proper facilities to be licensed for it. But it's fun, and so much better than store-bought.
Italian sodas are basically a flavored syrup (or mix, if you're adventurous) mixed up with carbonated soda water...but it sounds like your home-made stuff is even better than that!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I'm not allowed to have any sort of caffeinated soda, due to health issues. (I do have a sip now and then though!) Which is OK because I love Sprite, but my Zoology teacher (who just happens to be the anatomy teacher as well) told our class that it takes 75 minutes of aerobics to work off one 20 ounce pop....so I sort of quit...now I'm into herbal tea....with a spoonfull of Splenda....YUM!

Now for my opinion on Dark pops.....I like Pepsi and Coca-Cola, but I slightly like Pepsi better...and Dr. Pepper is nasty *blech* but most people here live off of it!

but I love to find a soda fountain with sprite that just has enough syrup to keep it from tasting like carbonated water *again BLECH!*

but that Mountain Dew Livewire stuff was goooood....I'm glad it was only available over the summer, or else my health would be in trouble! :big_grin:

Klonoa

Reaction score
I really don't like cokes (that's what we call all sodas down in the south, right Fozzie?) I'd rather just drink water. Yeah, I'm boring like Bert. Well, not that boring. Anyway, I maybe drink a glass of coke maybe every couple of months, either because it goes just so darn good with pizza, or my throat is sore and a carbonated drink makes it feel better. My favorite? RC Cola!

--Klonoa
But no Moon Pie.

dmx10101

Reaction score
I don't usually drink reg. coke. but If I don't I prefer coke brand. I like to drink orange soda and root beer.

Zondra

Reaction score
I don't like most American sodas; Pepsi and Coke are both nasty...so are all their other horrid types, Mountain Dew and such. I don't really drink soda in general, if I do, I usually like Japanese sodas...they're better tasting, more natural, less highly colored, and more attractively packaged. I'm a sucker for Ramune. Calpis soda and CC Lemon are also awesome!! Anyone ever heard of these? Fanta is also popular, they have a lot more flavors too! American-wise, I don't mind the occasional Sunkist, Cherry 7-Up or Squirt. But that's basically it. And if I HAD to choose a cola, it would definitely be RC. :wink:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
I really don't like cokes (that's what we call all sodas down in the south, right Fozzie?)

*laughs* we call 'em either that or Pop in Oklahoma!

Luke

Reaction score
To continue this discussion from 2002 (it is SOOOO wierd reading back what you wrote years ago) you can definitely tell the difference with most generic colas although some are close. I prefer Pepsi, i used to be more into Caffeine Free Diet Coke (fizzier) but they stopped making that here. I'm starting to get into Cherry Coke, which seems to be making a comeback here. I couldn't stand it the first time around though for some strange reasons.

I've never had Mountain Dew, i guess its like Sprite or something.

Pork

Reaction score
I can definately tell the difference between coke and pepsi, and personally I like coke better. I like vanilla coke the best though. YUM

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I'll drink whatever. Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, Mountain Dew, 7-Up, gasoline...er...wait. Scratch that last one.

Coke is sweeter and has a little more "bite" to it than Pepsi.

Although I find Diet Pepsi sweeter than Diet Coke. Go figure!:confused:

I'd say Mountain Dew is sweeter than either Sprite or 7-Up. Actually, I don't know what Mountain Dew is supposed to be...probably some bizarre mix of chemicals that make you temporarily all-powerful, like in the commercials.

Hey, I can dirt-bike off a cliff, float through the air, drop 1, 256 feet, and still land on my two wheels, as long as I'm guzzling a can of Mountain Dew! Yeeeeeeeee-haaaaaaaaaaaw!

Actually, I don't drink much soda. I don't dislike it, I just drink a lot of water.

Never tried that experiment, where you put a tooth in a glass of cola, and it will eventually dissolve. I never had a spare tooth around...:zany: