Zappa says Fraggle film will rock

Barry Lee

Reaction score
For some reason, I almost do think Jerry will be involved as Gobo, he seems to really enjoy the character and I think Zappa/ Henson would both be smart enough to use him as Gobo. Even if he just did the voice and someone else Puppeteered him, I would like that versus some new guy completely voicing and puppeteering Gobo.

MWoO

Reaction score
THe HEnson company has always been good about keeping on performers as much as possible. The only reason I see Jerry not being involved is health related issues.

Boy that was a poorly worded sentence.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
BAAAAAAAAAAAH!! SO COOL!!!

I can't wait. I'm excited!! YAAAAY!!!

beaker YOOOOU said:
Unlike the Matrix' oracle tho, she doesnt make cookies...
No, but the Trash Heap is MADE OF cookies. :wink: Even better!

Honestly, I'm not picky at all about how this movie is being made and stuff. I have faith. The Fraggles are loved by so many people that I think they are going to take really good care.

What I'm interested in, is that they will probably have to rebuild the puppets - I seriously doubt they are in tact after 20 some odd years.

WembleyFraggle, if you have connections, go for it! We will watch for you. :big_grin: I would love to be anywhere near this movie but I have no idea how that would happen at all... I DO sing and act **cough cough** :wink: But if you can get involved some how go for it, that would be so cool.

MrsWembly

Reaction score
I don't mind the celebrity cameos as long as they don't pick stupid people like Paris Hilton or Britney Spears. :embarrassed:

BEAR

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
AWESOME!!! You always seem to know the coolest stuff Gelfling Waldo, thanks! By the way, Happy Birthday BEAR!!!

Thank you.:smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well, if Madam Marjory's going to be in the movie... I only hope Philo and Gunge will be there too. And I'm looking forward to all the characters, old and new Fraggle and human. Bit concerned about the "famous fans" contributing songs for the movie and I'm a bit dubious about the celebrity cameos, don't rully particularly care for those. Don't mind them, but I can live without 'em also.

Classic Muppet films have always used celebrity cameos though.

The Muppet Movie:
Dom DeLuise
Bob Hope
Richard Pryor
Milton Berle
Steve Martin
Cloris Leachman
Orsen Wells
James Coburn
Mel Brooks
Paul Williams
Edgar Bergen & Charlie McCarthy

Great Muppet Caper:
John Cleese
Peter Falk
Peter Ustinov

Muppets Take Manhattan:
Joan Rivers
Liza Minelli
Gregory Hines
Art Carney

Follow That Bird:
John Candy
Chevy Chase
Sandra Bernhardt
Dave Thomas
Joe Faherty
Waylon Jennings

I know I'm forgetting some. They are part of the tradition of Muppet projects. As long as their celebrity doesn't pull focus from the plot then I don't have a problem.

BEAR

Reaction score
MWoO said:
THe HEnson company has always been good about keeping on performers as much as possible. The only reason I see Jerry not being involved is health related issues.

Boy that was a poorly worded sentence.

Well, since he still regularly performs on Sesame Street, I think he is still capable of atleast voicing the character for the film.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed... If the celebrity cameos are as a character that makes sense as part of the movie's overall story, then I'll be OK with their appearances.
But if it's just a momentary appearance like Hulk Hogan in MFS or Kelly Rippa, Molly Shannon or Triumph in VMMCM then I'd be a bit put off.

Oh well... It's far too early to make any sort of opinion... Just wait and see what nuggets of information we get released as time moves on and the production gets movin' right along.

christyb

Reaction score
This is great news...and if Zappa needs help...ooh pick me! me! Wait..mebbe I should read the interview then comment. :stick_out_tongue: