Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Even though I singed this I still think we should have a one of these for Season Four and Five of the Muppet Show!

12Medbe

Reaction score
Wait a minute... If Animal didn't go back to doing drums till "Rainbow Connection", Who was drumming during the Muppet Telethon Intro? *Twilight Zone Music* *Stares at the camera, Blair Witch style*

Writersright

Reaction score
One of the highlights of the movie for me was mr. Rudmans work with Scooter. After basically being gone for 20 years we finally have a muppeteer who can do the part justice. His talking voice is almost spot on and his singing voice comes very close to mr. Hunts original portrayal.

With Scooter, Rowlf and of course the characters with lesser parts like Link Hogtrob (Another excellent recast) it finally feels that the Muppets are back at full strength. A lot of post-Henson movies felt a bit 'empty' to me because of the absence or the silent cameos from Muppets like these. To me, Scooter and Rowlf are as vital a part of the Muppets as Fozzie or Sam the Eagle. Glad to see they're back.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
You are spot-on! Rowlf's montage-cut scene was the best, absolute perfection! His part in the Muppet Show theme was excellent too, just like when Scooter did his classic curtain-call to Jack Black, I literally got chills!! I believe I said aloud, "oh my God!" and even got a little choked-up (not for the first time during this wonderful film). I've never been a huge Scooter fan, but that's not to say I never loved him as I do all the Muppets, but his scene especially got to me just due to the lengths they went to, to get it 100% right, a real & deserving tribute to Richard Hunt.

I've always shared Muppet films and specials with my little Son, but of course I'd been playing them more than usual to get him geared-up for The Muppets. Since we've now seen it twice, and have been watching TMM & TGMC & MFC (and even IAVMMCM & MWoO, and LTS once, ha ha) at home non-stop (mostly TMM & TGMC, heh), and playing with his Palisades & vintage set of Fisher Price stick Muppets, plus all his plushies, my Son has decided that now, besides Kermit, Rowlf, and Fozzie (atta boy!), his favorite Muppet is... SCOOTER!!! :wink: YEAH!! Whenever he's on-screen, my Son yells "Scooter!" and points to him, wearing a big ol' smile throughout. It's so incredibly cool that my little Dude decided that on his own!! I'm such a proud Muppet Dad. :big_grin: Now I just gotta NOT get sniped next time I'm trying for a FP Scooter for him, grr.

Oh yeah! So we finally saw it for our second time a couple nights ago! Sadly & happily at the same time, (Fozzie came too!) my Boy and I had the theatre to ourselves! (I asked the ticket salesman if it'd been slow for The Muppets lately, and he said a little, but they'd had fuller showings more often than not, so yay!) He sat through the whole film this time, as I knew he would since it was just the two of us. When his Mama is around, he just wants to bug her or nurse, ha ha. Anyway, it was even better the second time for me, cuz there were no interruptions, so I actually got to see EVERYTHING!! :big_grin: I even saw Rizzo & Pepe in a lot more group shots than I did before, it was nice to see that even though they weren't prominently featured, that they were still included. Plus, after allowing myself to listen to the soundtrack after my first viewing, I was even more familiar with the songs and therefore was able to better appreciate the shorter versions in the film as I knew the missing lyrics (and they're definitely better when they're complete).

I can't wait for March! Before that though, I'm gonna try to catch at least one more awesome viewing!!

Cheers!!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Our of curiosity, when the MC review of the movie going online?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Oh thanks! I'd have to get it transferred to DVD, I haven't had a working VCR for years! Lol

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh thanks! I'd have to get it transferred to DVD, I haven't had a working VCR for years! Lol
Lol, no prob. Yeah I keep forgetting people don't have VCRs because I have a dual VCR/DVD player that dubs tapes on to discs. It's been great for preserving home movies, etc.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Aww, that's so cool! You might want to check out Amazon or Ebay for the Muppet VHS Children's Songs and Stories, which Scooter hosted. I wrote a review here, hehe:

http://herald7.wordpress.com/2007/06/11/5/
I just read your review on the new movie. Great review! I'm even following your blog now. It's just a great one. and I liked your Richard Hunt tribute