1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: The Muppet Christmas Carol Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

"The Muppet Christmas Carol" finally arrives on Blu-ray this Tuesday November 6. Find out all about the anticipated release. Check it out and let us know your thoughts.

Since many of us will be getting "The Muppet Christmas Carol Blu-ray", we'd like to mention that if you order the Blu-ray from Amazon using this link that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly and help make future upgrades possible. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the Blu-ray. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through links on our site.

The song "When Love is Gone" was not in the US theatrical release of the film. It was a deleted scene and was added later for the 1993 US VHS and Laserdisc releases. While understandable that "When Love is Gone" was not included on this Blu-ray release of the film, the inclusion of the song as a deleted scene would have made a nice bonus feature.

Three versions of The Muppet Christmas Carol are available:

[​IMG]
    Order The Muppet Christmas Carol on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy (Amazon Exclusive).

[​IMG]
    Order The Muppet Christmas Carol on Blu-ray and Digital Copy.

[​IMG]
    Order The Muppet Christmas Carol on DVD.

If you plan to buy The Muppet Christmas Carol Blu-ray or DVD, please like this post and share your thoughts below.
  2. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I will be buying the Collectors edition at some point this week. I'm excited! :)
  3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Same here. Would you like a full review Phil, or are you going to be doing one at some point?
  4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I have this on shipping I ordered last night :) the collectors edition
  5. CaseytheMuppet

Ok, I have officially ordered the collector's edition!!! I can't wait to get it! [​IMG]
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  6. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I'm going to head over to Wal-Mart and pick up a copy of the Collector's Edition as soon as I can.

BTW. Love your Muppet smilies that you make! Keep 'em coming!
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  7. muppetlover123

make a miss poogy one lol
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

9. muppetlover123

10. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

By the way, the Collector's Edition is only available through Amazon. It's a limited edition exclusive and will only be available for a a short time. Only the regular version is at Wal-Mart.
  11. Muppet fan 123

Nooo!!
    That stinks. No copy for me then.
  12. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I went to my Walmart tonight to pick up MCC & Prep & Landing Blurays... but they didn't get them!! :eek: Luckily I got home and remembered that MC always has a link to buy them from Amazon and help out the site, SO... I just ordered my blurays! :D I used the link in Phillips post and placed my order. So yay! :excited: Can't wait to watch MCC in HD, and I've never been a big fan of that song, so no worries there. ;)

Cheers!
  13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

*resists singing Cheers theme song*

*makes a productive comment in this thread to avoid muffining accusations*

*leaves*
  14. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Just found this on YouTube, no clue how this guy got it but this has no reason to NOT be on the Blu-ray.

(note the re-used Danny Elfman score from Beetlejuice near the beginning)
  15. CaseytheMuppet

Wow. I ordered this at 9:00 PM last night, and received it in the mail today! The new commentary is awesome, although I wish it had more Muppets than just Gonzo, Rizzo, and Kermit. That's just a very minor complaint. :)
    Muppet fan 123 and Muppetboy09 like this.
  16. Muppet fan 123

Wow. That was fast.
    I'm glad that there's a Muppet commentary. This movie is good, but it needs a funny commentary.

I really want the Collector's Edition. Is there another way to order it besides Amazon? Are any stores selling it?
  17. muppetlover123

off amazon? and was it one day shipping?
  18. muppetlover123

no
  19. Muppet fan 123

Well that just stinks. :(
  20. CaseytheMuppet

Yep, off Amazon. And no, not one day shipping. That's why I was so surprised! :)