1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: "Songs From The Street" Box Set

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Hays New Member

Just got my copy and can't tell you how much I'm enjoying it...makes me remeber being a kid...I really hope they do the video counterpart; love how the dialogue is listed in the lyrics as well as the words to the songs.

My advice to all fans - buy, buy, buy! - make sure your percentage of the profits go back to the Street!
  2. FellowWLover Member

Amen, brother, amen.
  3. Hays New Member

Have you all looked at the terrific liner notes - a real history of SS music - by none other than Christopher Cerf! I didn't know he worked for Between the Lions, too - or that his segway into SS was through Harvard Lampoon!

Ssetta must be happy!
  4. ssetta Active Member

Well, I'm not. There's a lot of stuff they don't have on here that I think they should!
  5. Smy Guiley New Member

Not gonna bother with this box, I don't think...I was a little disappointed once I read the track details here on the site, but I'm glad it's selling well. I WOULD like to see a PROPER (ahem, that is filled with hard to find and ORIGINAL recordings) box set come out, as this one just has WAY too much of the new stuff on it. That stuff is going to be accessible for a lot longer than the oldies, I'm sure, so I believe it was a waste. Too bad, nice concept.
  6. The Count Moderator

Saw just the tail end of a commercial announcing the selling of the CD set yesterday afternoon on Toon Disney. The only bit I got to hear was the theme, which sounded like the classic version sung by the kids from the 1980's, and the announcer stating to call the number on the screen. Let you guys know when I've seen the commercial in its entirety how it sounded.
  7. Lemonzinger New Member

On that note, I might add that in the mid 90's, Rhino released a boxed set of CDs from the National Lampoon Radio Hour. Along with some really funny sketches, there is a track sung by Christopher Cerf called "Little Miss Muffett" and another track called "Steppin' On A Spaniel" that sounds exactly like the guy who sang the song "funny Face" on Sesame Street (you know, the one with all of the monkey footage from a zoo).

If any of this has been mentioned before, I do apologize.

Rich
  8. TravellingMatt New Member

:sleep: : "Well, what did you think of the Sesame Street box?"
    :boo: : "Beats this theatre box!"
    :boo: & :sleep: : "DOHHHHHHHHH, HO HO HO!"