Your Thoughts: "Songs From The Street" Box Set

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Songs From The Street" Boxed Set

Arriving this Tuesday, is the first-ever Sesame Street CD boxed set, "Songs From The Street". We have an exclusive sneak peak of the anticipated release with details on every song in this collection. Featuring 63 tracks and 32 superstar performances, this collection offers many treasures never before available on CD.

Click here for the review

You can hear all of the music from "Songs From The Street" on Muppet Central Radio.

Let us know what you think about this new CD collection.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Oh I can not wait! Great songs. Love your review Phil.
Any cool pix? :confused:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I told you so about it being the newer verison of "Whats the Name of that Song". I saw it on the Platinum Too cd. I just knew it. It made me so mad that it's not the original, but I can't wait either for this set. YES!!!

Dave Thomer

Reaction score
Nice review - how's the booklet? I think that's one of the things that most interest me about the set.

Oh - and Furry Happy Monsters should be credited to P. Buck, not P. Duck. Although the notion of Peter Buck as a quacker has a certain appeal. :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

I corrected the typo. Thank you. Glad you enjoyed the review. I know the detailed info on each track may not be for everybody, but for those who might be interested in particular songs in the set, I thought it might be helpful.

I currently don't have the final version of the booklet, but I will update the review with any additional info once I buy it later this week.

So now that you guys know more info about the set and can hear the songs on Muppet Central Radio, what do you think about this release? What are you looking forward to most?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I am looking forward to some of the songs, but not all. One thing I will probably be doing on some is clicking to the next song because some I have. I've already listened to the Pointer Sisters and the last song Remix sounds cool. I can't wait to hear those.

Dave Thomer

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Hi Dave,

I corrected the typo. Thank you.
Hope I didn't come off like a know-it-all there. "Furry Happy Monsters" happens to be where my fondness for R.E.M. intersects with my daughter's and my fondness for Muppet music, so stuff about that song tends to jump out at me.

Glad you enjoyed the review. I know the detailed info on each track may not be for everybody, but for those who might be interested in particular songs in the set, I thought it might be helpful.
I'm nowhere near enough of an expert to be able to tell the difference between one recording of the songs and another, but I did like the breakdown, just for the information's sake. (I did appreciate the confirmation that the Neville "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" used the original vocal track, which is what I had suspected.)

I currently don't have the final version of the booklet, but I will update the review with any additional info once I buy it later this week.
Great.

So now that you guys know more info about the set and can hear the songs on Muppet Central Radio, what do you think about this release? What are you looking forward to most?
I like the sound of the set - I haven't heard any of the tracks on MCR yet, but I'm sure that will change. Speaking as someone who doesn't have any Muppet music on CD yet, I'm probably happier with the mix than someone who's going to wind up with duplicated tracks. I'll probably have more to say after I hear some of the tracks on MCR.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just noticed that the box set was at number 27 on Amazon's music best-sellers list. Considering the price point, that's pretty impressive.

Has anybody been able to pick up the set yet? It might be helpful to let people know where it is showing up on the shelves. If you get the CD collection, please post your thoughts here.

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Has anybody been able to pick up the set yet? It might be helpful to let people know where it is showing up on the shelves. If you get the CD collection, please post your thoughts here.
I pre-ordered the set from Barnes and Noble.com for $38...not bad. Anyway, I got free shipping so it will be awhile until I recieve. I'll post my thoughts when I do. I'm sure everyone will be waiting with bated breath.

Honestly though, I'm looking forward to about 1/2 the contents of the set but decided to buy it by the promise of the extensive liner notes...I've been waiting for a document like that for a long, long time.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
available in australia?

is the cd being released worldwide? if not, any idea when we might be able to get hold of it in oz??
:confused: