Your Thoughts: Sesame Street the comic from Ape Entertainment

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm just surprised someone besides me actually remembers Bodoqueenough to include him as an Easter egg in something like this.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bodoque and Moshie were among some generic looking grouches in one of Oscar's fantasies, when he was trying to find out what a horrible stink was. They looked far too familiar to be generic, if miscolored. Oscar also had an imagine spot about Grouchgiving (probably written before the Trashgiving episode or without knowledge of it) and Irvine was there. I'm not sure if Oscar's family was based on anything in particular, other than maybe How to be a Grouch.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It says this is one of the few books to show the humans in illustrated form, but I've seen quite a few books that have illustrated the humans. Ernie's Neighborhood, Ernie's Little Lie, Susan and Gordon Adopt a Baby, I'll Miss You, Mr. Hooper, The Sesame Street Word Book, Big Bird Brings Spring to Sesame Street, The Origins of Super-Grover, Everyone Makes Mistakes, I think humans were depicted in It's Not Fair and Meet Mr. Snuffleupagus, and I'm pretty sure there was an early book focusing on Matt Robinson's Gordon (can't remember the title). David was also in a book that I think was titled Welcome Home, Big Bird, and I think I saw Mr. MacIntosh drawn in Big Bird's Red Book.

dwmckim

Reaction score
There's another really fun Easter Egg no one else seems to have caught yet...

Have a look at the dolls Prairie's playing with...look familiar?

Drtooth

Reaction score
It says this is one of the few books to show the humans in illustrated form, but I've seen quite a few books that have illustrated the humans. Ernie's Neighborhood, Ernie's Little Lie, Susan and Gordon Adopt a Baby, I'll Miss You, Mr. Hooper, The Sesame Street Word Book, Big Bird Brings Spring to Sesame Street, The Origins of Super-Grover, Everyone Makes Mistakes, I think humans were depicted in It's Not Fair and Meet Mr. Snuffleupagus, and I'm pretty sure there was an early book focusing on Matt Robinson's Gordon (can't remember the title). David was also in a book that I think was titled Welcome Home, Big Bird, and I think I saw Mr. MacIntosh drawn in Big Bird's Red Book.
Not saying that they don't. It's just becoming increasingly rare. I've seen a few where the human cast has popped up. I swear that Maria and a few others were in The Count Counts a Party. What's even more rare? Generic humans. Illustrators tend to favor Anything Muppets over generic humans. There's like a miscolored Mr. Johnson or something in the first comic, but all the other background characters are humans.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's another really fun Easter Egg no one else seems to have caught yet...

Have a look at the dolls Prairie's playing with...look familiar?
I can't believe I missed that the first time, but after looking it up again, I'm very glad I did.

In case anyone wants to know, it's the King and Jester from the King of 8 sketch.

snichols1973

Reaction score
I took a look at the introductory page from the website, and Murray appears to be a lighter shade of orange than usual.....

Drtooth

Reaction score
So...uh... anyone know when issue 2 of this bad boy is coming out?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Guess what came out yesterday? That's right! The reprint of the first issue!

(Facepalm).

So, is this bi-monthly?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Well...it's been less than a month since the second issue came out (or was supposed to come out). Has anyone picked up a copy?