Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
2 Letter of the Day: M with Prairie and Cookie Monster. At least this time they matched up the letter of the day with the letter featured in the street episode.
Could you elaborate a little bit on what happened in this segment? I missed it. If it's new, I'd like to try to catch it tomorrow afternoon. Please let me know. Thanks.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure... Prairie says it's time for the Letter of the Day, the letter M. Cookie comes in thinking the letter is a cookie as usual. Prairie stops him, saying it's not a cookie, it's the letter M. Cookie gets convinced and Prairie proceeds to say...
M starts many useful words like mmmmm-milk, mmmmm-monster, another M-word I forget right now.
Cookie: Did you say mmmmmm?
Prairie says yes and repeats all three words.
Cookie: But uh, you did say mmmmm?
Prairie: I'm not sure what you're driving at, but yes, I did say mmmmm.
Cookie: Cause you know... That sound me make when me eating cookie!
And then Cookie eats up the letter M with Prairie saying mmmmm-messy.
The sketch ends after that. To tell the truth, I kinda knew this was coming and felt that Prairie should be reminded Cookie did sing a song where he ate a letter M before.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay, that sounds familiar. Even if I haven't seen that one before, I've seen quite a few that were very similar, so I guess I didn't miss much there. Thanks anyway.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And here we are... The time has come... For the final curtain.

Episode 4108: Little Big Bird, Part 2.
Little Big Bird finally met up with Mike the Ladybug, voiced by Kevin Clash. They went with the same joke of a ladybug from A Bug's Life, a male lady-bug. Though the flight was short and the song was somewhat cheery, BB only got to Hooper's Store, next to a glass of milk. Baby Bear came in for his bowl of porridge and started blowing on it to cool it, blowing BB onto Gordon's lap. BB recognized Gordon's shirt and started to climb, but the shirt was silky smooth. BB finally got onto the chessboard and got Alan and Gordon to call Mumford.
When Mumford arrived, he said he only knew how to make big things little. Well, he must've learned the counterspell pretty quick cause BB was brought back to normal size and normal voice in a second. But Mike the Ladybug was also made big by Mumford's trick.

Other Highlights.
1 Song: I Believe in Little Things. Me thinks it was Gordon's voice singing, but I'm not sure.
This remake I liked because it stayed true to the spirit of the original.
2 Letter of the Day: L. Cookie Monster sings la-la-la to keep himself from eating the cookie.
The first snatch of mla-la-la's I didn't identify, the second was People in Your Neighborhood, the third was Rubber Duckie, and the last was Beethoven's 5th.
3 Cartoon segment/poem about the letter L.
4 Elmo and Alicia Keys sang a song about dancing and moving around.
5 Journey to Bert. Bert's the one to hide this time, he says Ernie couldn't make it.
Bert hides in what else? Well, you guys should know his afinity for breakfast foods by now.
The funny part was when BB nears an egg, and it starts talking. Egg: If anybody asks, I was here first okay?
The thing that struck me as odd was that during the end song, when BB sang the line "the way you like your oatmeal", there was some Rubber Duckie squeaking in the background noise.
6 Bert and Ernie sketch: Frog who can count to 100 by tens, lands in Bert's bowl of oatmeal.
7 Global Grover: Tibet: Yak's Milk.
He had to explain about yak's milk to a cow, not sure if it was Gladys though. The cows, a bit indignantly, then asked "Can a yak dance ballet?"
The cows started dancing while Grover tried to leave to get some more yak's milk.
Grover: Well, I won't cry over spilled yak's milk.
Grover: Dancing cows... Talk about your cultured milk.
8 Number of the Day: 7, they used the new Song of Number bit. This means that the number 18 was the only number not featured as an episode sponsor this season.
9 Dragnet Parody: Remember the Cookie Monster food investigator parody promised or hyped at the beginning of the season? It didn't happen.
Instead, we got this parody of Dragnet based on the joke of why is 6 afraid of 7.
The two cops were interrogating a number 7, who explained about being lucky number 7, the days of a week, and the colors of a rainbow.
Then, a cat showed up with the number 9, and I guess the number 8 was there too, presenting the testimony needed to let 7 go free.
10 Spanish Word(s): Pequeño and Grande with Slimey and Little Joey the Elephant.
11 Cartoon about two men wearing big and small octopi on their heads.
12 Elmo's World: Camera, New. The Cheese from the Chasing the Cheese segment from earlier in the season kept appearing whenever anyone said Cheese!
Cheese: Please stop saying "cheese", it really grates on me. He kept avoiding getting his photo taken though.
13 Adventures of Trash Gordon: Planet Surprise, where the Surpriseans (SP?) threw him a surprise birthday party.

Hope this helps, and we'll see you for another season of Sesame Street.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
<<Song: I Believe in Little Things. Me thinks it was Gordon's voice singing, but I'm not sure.
This remake I liked because it stayed true to the spirit of the original.>>

Yeah. It did sound like Gordon's voice, only a bit deeper, so I'm not sure.

<<But Mike the Ladybug was also made big by Mumford's trick.>>

Yeah, I was thinking the big Mike would make an appearance later on when Rosita demonstrated 'pequeño and grande.' By the way, here's a tip for Mumford. Since his tricks never come out the way he expects them to. Maybe he should expect to do something else, than he'll be able to do what he originally wanted to do. Just use a reverse psychology trick. Lol.

<<,,Letter of the Day: L. Cookie Monster sings la-la-la to keep himself from eating the cookie..>>

<<The thing that struck me as odd was that during the end song, when BB sang the line "the way you like your oatmeal", there was some Rubber Duckie squeaking in the background noise.>>

Hmmm. Somebody must have goofed with the sound effects there. By the way, I thought the line was "the way you look in oatmeal." Overall, I thought "Journey to Bert" was good. It was funny how Bert kept almost telling Big Bird where he was. Lol. I guess Bert needs more practice at that game.

<<Bert and Ernie sketch: Frog who can count to 100 by tens, lands in Bert's bowl of oatmeal.>>

Do you happen to know how old that sketch was? It looked like Jim's Ernie. But I didn't think they counted by tens on the show until later on. Can you give me more info on this?

I saw that one before, but I didn't realize his 'la la's' were supposed to resemble actual songs. I thought those were just generic 'las.' I'll have to listen for that again.

missHEFFIE

Reaction score
did um ELMO'S WORLD replace the mysterious theatre sketches? because i dont remember what year elmos world went on?

Rosewood

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Elmo's World replaced alot of things.....

missHEFFIE said:
did um ELMO'S WORLD replace the mysterious theatre sketches? because i dont remember what year elmos world went on?
Unfortunately "Elmo's World", along with the new format, brought a screaching halt to alot of dearly loved things and characters on SS. And it all started right at the begining of season 33, if I remember correctly, which was about 4 years ago.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I DIDN'T get to see the 24 parody, unfortunately. I wasn't paying attention, and I missed that episode. I saw the Big Bird Shrinks pt2 episode, though... sadly, the Journey to Bert was the only really interresting thing on that episode (Mumford not withstanding). But, seriously. Along with Journey to Big Bird, I like the fact they want to at least toss it up now and then. Maybe, they could have one where Big Bird cannot play for some reason, and Bert has to search for Ernie.

All and all, I do sense a lot of improvement over the last few years (since the big change, at least) in the over all season.

My one gripe... Can anyone contact SW and ask if they need new letter and number animations? I just have 2 reasons. I'll send some stuff for them to air ProBono. I NEED to get a start in animation somehow. And 2, their current ones? Bloody awful. Especially since they use the lame 1990's "computerized" letter segments..... zzzzzzz....:sleep: :boo:

salemfan

Reaction score
No, Sesame Workshop or any other company doesn't take consideration for production from people outside their company.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't get it. That would mean that all the recent garba... I mean letter number inserts are incompany things?