Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder that Sesame Street's 36th season officially begins on Monday April 4 on PBS stations across the country. Check your local channels for times in your area.

After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know what you think.

ssetta

Reaction score
I have to say that even in the first episode of the season, SS has not done a bad job of showing classic clips from the early 90s. It looks like it's off to a good start. :smile: Also, I kind of thought it was nice that they re-did the number song from the first season. I mean, it's not as good as the original, but it's still good.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Hooray for the number song! I was totally happy to hear that. Now, if only they bring back the pinball count song, I'll be in counting paradise!

:big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
See, that's why I'm not sure how I feel about this episode.
Some thoughts...

Pros:
1 The jokes/references to baseball, those I liked.
The Seattle Moo-riners? Yes, I can hear the park announcer now.
Now batting: Ichewro Milkzuki. And in the On-Deck Circle: Adrian Bulltrae.
2 The bit with the girl learning how to play basketball from her brother, especially when she said he was going to college. Admitted, this bit will get dated soon but I liked.
Reason why is cause they both had a nice timing effect, what with 2005 MLB Opening Day last night and getting underway in full swing today, and with the conclusion of the 2005 NCAA Men's and Women's college basketball tournaments tonight.
3 The Global Grover bit might've been a repeat, but I liked the bike segment from the Netherlands.
4 The parody names of other storybooks in Slimey's library. I'm guessing that The Brat in the Hat was authored by Theodore "Ted" Grouchel?

Cons:
1 Don't rully like the dinging bell sound effect they used to switch fromsegment to segment.
2 The Song of the Number 4 bit. Mixed feelings towards that. Was nice to hear it, but I feel somewhat cheated in that they didn't show the whole bit.

Surprises:
1 Liked the Letter of the Day Game Show, was rully great. The other thing I liked was Cookie thinking like a lawyer...
That little girl's name is Prairie which starts with P.
Yeah, yeah, but her last name is Dawn which start with D. Plus, she drowsy.
2 No Journey to Ernie? Not rully bummed since we got an E&B sketch/song anyway.
3 Hero Guy? Didn't they learn their lesson? At least it gelled OK with the episode, Hero Guy catching the baseball at the Out-of-this-World Series.
4 No Count's Counting Organ intro? I liked that they just busted out the number clips, reminds me of the old days. But I miss my main numbers man, maybe later in the season.

Hope this helps and have a good day.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
is there some reason why those idiots choose to remake the original numbers films that the count mentions? while i don't expect the series to cator to the older generation on a daily baisis, in my view if they're going to do something new, don't remake any older segments. i'm sure they would of done just fine showing the older number films. it's not like the youngsters are going to think that's old. they don't know any better.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
i love this new season of sesame street but i wonder that grover still do around the world like the old season. does sesame street will be in live with regis and kelly.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The Count said:
4 No Count's Counting Organ intro? I liked that they just busted out the number clips, reminds me of the old days. But I miss my main numbers man, maybe later in the season.

Hope this helps and have a good day.
I wonder if the Count's appearance's are minimized due to Jerry Nelson's retirement. He said that he would still work on Sesame Street, but I don't know. Someone mentioned in another thread that Joey Mazzarino is voicing Herry now, so I don't know what the status is on Nelson's characters. :confused:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The Count said:
2 No Journey to Ernie? Not rully bummed since we got an E&B sketch/song anyway.
[\QUOTE]

Sorry to keep repeating myself, but there's one more thing I want to say here. I think "Journey to Ernie" is getting old anyway. Maybe they should get rid of that and give Bert more airtime. Just my opinion.

Dantecat

Reaction score
This was a pretty good episode and it showed Grover's Workout Video.By the way,What year was that skit?

Well,Can't wait for the next episode tommorow. :wink: WOO HOO! :excited:

Special Thanks to MuppetDude for giving everybody a really good episode guide for This Year's(36th)Season for everybody to look at.