Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
My guess is that they cut the "Dialing for Prizes Movie" skit out due to copyright laws on the film clip that they show.
That's odd, since I recall that was a clip from a silent movie, and those are all old enough to be in the public domain by now.

mjb1124

Reaction score
And it's good that all of the previews here are relevant to the set (yes, even The Electric Company, to an extent). Do the Electric Company DVDs have any sort of Sesame Workshop promos?
TEC Vol. 2 had the Old School Vol. 1 promo.

jrod

Reaction score
I am definitely enjoying the sesame street old school vol 2 set. Is it just me, or are these episodes more entertaining than the vol 1 episodes? It seems that the early episodes had repeating cartoons a lot and not as much variety. SO far I have seen 2 episodes and the pilot and think it's fantastic. Were there many format changes in 1980-1986?

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's odd, since I recall that was a clip from a silent movie, and those are all old enough to be in the public domain by now.
Depends. If it featured a certain Actor, the estate of such actor has been known to repurchase them. But that's fifth hand information and hypothetic.

BTW, Target (or at least the one I was at) has this set. The retail price? 25 bucks. So if you don't have it yet, and you don't have so much cash, I suggest looking around there (as opposed to Best Buy, which as I've said often, truely isn't).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Nobody's mentioned this yet, but the back of the booklet has an interview with Mr. Johnson. I think it's great that his name was mentioned there. I was wondering if Sesame Workshop was aware that his name is Mr. Johnson. It was only mentioned in one skit, and it seems like Sesame Workshop usually calls him Fat Blue. Sesame Street Unpaved only refers to him as "Fat Blue", with no facts about his real name. And he has been referred to by different names. One skit with Grover as an elevador operador refers to him as Mr. Jenkins. Big Bird called him Mr. Blue in A Celebration of Me, Grover. And some official sources call him "Customer". The Muppet Wiki talk page for Grundgetta has scans from some official character listing that Sesame Workshop used, which has him listed as "Grover's Resturaunt Customer".

I've noticed that both sets include three Kermit segments that have previously been released on video, both with one sketch that is in one of the episodes. This set also seems to have more Kermit sketch. Counting multi-part sketches, the first set included 10 Kermit sketches (11, if you count the pitch reel), and this one includes 11 (12, if you count the brief clip of Kermit on a TV set in one film, which is shown in two episodes). If the next two sets have the next five season premiers, there wil be at least two Kermit sketches. Hopefully, more Kermit skits wil be included as bonus features (and hopefully some were edited by Noggin, though if that's the case than "Shame on you, Noggin!").

ploobis

Reaction score
I love the Old West: Letter Y Box Of Crayons sketch on disc three!

I love that Sinister Sam character by Jim Henson! I always loved how Jim would always play the bad guy in the Old West sketches on Sesame Street and then at the of those sketches it shows that the bad guy is not so bad after all. :smile:

mjb1124

Reaction score
I meant the ad about Sesame Workshop, which shows clips from various versions of Sesame Street. The one found on almost every Sesame Street DVD.
Nope, that ad is not present on either DVD set. There isn't even a SW logo to be found.

Frogster

Reaction score
Could ANYONE answer me, what're some famous clips that aren't on the bonus materials? (The bonus material is listed, I'd like to know what else is shown...):stick_out_tongue: