Your Thoughts: Muppets on Extreme Makeover

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
If you thought Kermit was annoying, you should see how annoying Ty is every week with the megaphone when theire is 2-1 hours left. This episode he toned down his yelling in the megaphone to everyone, to let Kermit do the job. This is an Extreme Make-Over: Home Edition thing - not a Muppet thing. Don't blame Kermit (or Steve), blame Ty for doing it 100 times worse every other week.
Yet it is good to see him get his comeuppance for his stunts with the bullhorn once in a while. For example, the episode with the girl who was ultra-sensitive to sunlight: Ty's being annoying with the bullhorn, and one of the workers pushes him into the pool. Got him sopping wet, and shorted out the bullhorn.

Or the episode with the two homeless families - everyone pelted Ty with snowballs when he came out of the house after doing his "24 hours" spiel.

I'd still like to know whose bright idea it was to smuggle the bullhorn in to Ty while he was in the hospital, though.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Can someone transcript some of the Muppet appearences for me?

__

Interprited:

I'm a Gnu! G'an some'g'one tra'g'nscript some of g'the 'gMuppet bit g'fpr g'me?

christyb

Reaction score
How they did that?? -This was like earlier I said completly great. I'm really glad the muppets got more screen time last night. I loved it. And need I say more??

BTW: Toughpigs has a pretty good script of all the muppet scenes... http://toughpigs.com/anthnewstuff02.htm

Frogster

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
If you thought Kermit was annoying, you should see how annoying Ty is every week with the megaphone when theire is 2-1 hours left. This episode he toned down his yelling in the megaphone to everyone, to let Kermit do the job. This is an Extreme Make-Over: Home Edition thing - not a Muppet thing. Don't blame Kermit (or Steve), blame Ty for doing it 100 times worse every other week.
You're right, GelflingWaldo... my apologies. :embarrassed:

Xela

Reaction score
DrummerMan said:
You know, I seriously worry if the Muppets are going to have a future when a significant number of their fans pick apart every appearance they make because it's not The Muppet Show, or because Steve doesn't sound exactly like Jim or Eric doesnt' sound exactly like Frank (honestly, you have to admit that Animal sounded better than he has since Frank retired), or because they have adapted to whatever show they are on and it wasn't exactly what you expected...

Come on people, where's your Muppet spirit? I personally thought that what we saw was exactly what the original muppets would have done if they were on a show like EM:HE. It looked like they were having great fun.

So... for the comically impared, let's explain a few jokes that were hammered on in this forum...

Fozzie saying oh well after hitting Kermit with the ladder. Fozzie never saw Kermit and didn't realize he had hit him, so he was saying 'oh well' because he never figured out where Kermit was, not because he was flippant about hitting him.

Kermit yelling at the stuffed animals to get back to work... come on... the Muppets are all just a bunch of stuffed animals, and in the world of the Mupets, they would have all jumped up and gotten back to work, so it wasn't dumb at all for kermit to think they would.

Finally, Kermit with the bullhorn. Kermit is the leader, always has been, so if the leader on the show uses a bullhorn and runs around like an idiot, it just makes since that Kermit should too.

Hope this helps everyone understand...

And remember... support the Muppets or we may never see them again.
I agree with you completely; I feel the same way. In these times, we have to support them or we could lose them.

Beauregard

Reaction score
christyb said:
How they did that?? -This was like earlier I said completly great. I'm really glad the muppets got more screen time last night. I loved it. And need I say more??

BTW: Toughpigs has a pretty good script of all the muppet scenes... http://toughpigs.com/anthnewstuff02.htm
Thanks for that link! That's exactly what I wanted!

__

Interprited:

I'm a Gnu! How do you do! (for the last g'time today, too!) Thanks for g'that! The g'wonderfull thing is g'exactly what I g'wanted! G'great, g'good, and g'mazing! I think I should leave my Gnu listeners with a g'lovely bite of g'juicey g'goodness, by saying, "G'never will g'neerdiness be thought of, g'no, g'never in connection with a g'nice animal g'named the Gnu!"

christyb

Reaction score
Your welcome anytime. I thought that might be better than me doing it from memory.

unclematt

Reaction score
Xela said:
I agree with you completely; I feel the same way. In these times, we have to support them or we could lose them.
Lets be happy that there is new Muppet stuff to see. We are all Muppet fans that use these forums and I would guess that we are probably the biggest muppet fans out there. We dont need to pick apart what makes us happy and if the Muppets no longer make you happy then you shoud look forward to the old stuff coming out on DVD but let us fans who are still interested in the new stuff enjoy the new stuff. :cool:

I dont want to come off as a jerk :grouchy: and I know I am fairly new to MuppetCentral and I think we are blessed :halo: with one of the best fan sites for anything out there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm usually the LAST person to say anything negative about the muppets... BUT...

I absolutely abhore and dispise Extreem Make over home edition... and I feel this is pretty much what Disney has planned for the Muppets. I know I sound off today, but I don't think Disney is winning me over.

I mean, they slashed the Palisades contract, so we'll never see Sal to go with Johnny, they filmed a reality TV show, the movie doesn't look too good, and, considering this is the same company that ruined the Jungle Book by making a pointless sequal, I'm not holding out much hope.

I feel this is the beginning in a long line of ABC promotional crossovers... and we all know what kind of garbage the network has for "Family entertainment." I mean, if they appear on extreem makover, what's to stop them from putting them on their loser sitcoms like 8 simple rules or Hope and Faith?

Oh well... at least Disney decided to make a Muppet Season set... I guess that should count as something.

Edit: I actually did some reasoning myself. Personally, the shock of seeing them on a reality TV show was what really disappointed me. But I guess this will bring the Muppets back into peoiples houses, so it is a good and bad thing... sort of a gray area. I just hope there's less reality TV appearaces in the future....

unclematt

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I'm usually the LAST person to say anything negative about the muppets... BUT...

I absolutely abhore and dispise Extreem Make over home edition... and I feel this is pretty much what Disney has planned for the Muppets. I know I sound off today, but I don't think Disney is winning me over.

I mean, they slashed the Palisades contract, so we'll never see Sal to go with Johnny, they filmed a reality TV show, the movie doesn't look too good, and, considering this is the same company that ruined the Jungle Book by making a pointless sequal, I'm not holding out much hope.

I feel this is the beginning in a long line of ABC promotional crossovers... and we all know what kind of garbage the network has for "Family entertainment." I mean, if they appear on extreem makover, what's to stop them from putting them on their loser sitcoms like 8 simple rules or Hope and Faith?

Oh well... at least Disney decided to make a Muppet Season set... I guess that should count as something.

Edit: I actually did some reasoning myself. Personally, the shock of seeing them on a reality TV show was what really disappointed me. But I guess this will bring the Muppets back into peoiples houses, so it is a good and bad thing... sort of a gray area. I just hope there's less reality TV appearaces in the future....

I dont think the reality show is such a bad idea as long as it is a one time deal. I think it would give people that dont normally get the chance to see how much a work goes into just a short Muppet segment. It also does give the Muppets exposure, and like I said before we need to be happy that we are seeing the Muppets used at all. I do understand why people are concerned but I really feel like things are just now sarting to look up for the Muppets because Disney has the means to take them places.

I think the movie looks excellent so far. I have been very impressed with what I have seen.