Your Thoughts: Muppets on Extreme Makeover

googlyeyes

Reaction score
Piggy's Hair

I loved Miss Piggy's hair! And the quote "when pigs fly, they fly first class!" Absolutely classic :smile:

DrummerMan

Reaction score
*sigh*

You know, I seriously worry if the Muppets are going to have a future when a significant number of their fans pick apart every appearance they make because it's not The Muppet Show, or because Steve doesn't sound exactly like Jim or Eric doesnt' sound exactly like Frank (honestly, you have to admit that Animal sounded better than he has since Frank retired), or because they have adapted to whatever show they are on and it wasn't exactly what you expected...

Come on people, where's your Muppet spirit? I personally thought that what we saw was exactly what the original muppets would have done if they were on a show like EM:HE. It looked like they were having great fun.

So... for the comically impared, let's explain a few jokes that were hammered on in this forum...

Fozzie saying oh well after hitting Kermit with the ladder. Fozzie never saw Kermit and didn't realize he had hit him, so he was saying 'oh well' because he never figured out where Kermit was, not because he was flippant about hitting him.

Kermit yelling at the stuffed animals to get back to work... come on... the Muppets are all just a bunch of stuffed animals, and in the world of the Mupets, they would have all jumped up and gotten back to work, so it wasn't dumb at all for kermit to think they would.

Finally, Kermit with the bullhorn. Kermit is the leader, always has been, so if the leader on the show uses a bullhorn and runs around like an idiot, it just makes since that Kermit should too.

Hope this helps everyone understand...

And remember... support the Muppets or we may never see them again.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
EM:HE How'd They Do That?

Okay, I'm probably going to have to go back over my tape later, but here's some of the items Fozzie pulled out of his "tool box":

• A rubber chicken
  • an egg
  • a mop
  • a ball
  • three juggling pins
  • a pepperoni pizza

beaker

Reaction score
I would have liked to have seen the Muppets interact with the kids, that would have been memorable. Hey more exposure I am all for, plus this was for a good cause. I didn't get to see it tho.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Wow, lots more Muppets on the "How'd They Do That." Cool--glad I recorded it, even though it conflicted with American Idol.

"I think I want six, Kermie!"

Erine81981

Reaction score
I loved it even more then yesterday. Animal was funny when they were showing him say like "Ow my hand..." "Makeover Makeover makeover *breathing hard* Cut." That was funny. I hope to see more of the Muppets on other shows to come. YEAAAAA!! Keep up the good work Disney!!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I got to tape both Shows, VERY VERY good Disney and the muppets did GREAT!!!! My dad laughed at Animal poppin out of that box and Mom giggled at when Piggy sayed to Kermit she would like 6 kids too! LOL :smile: hahahah ... Yeah even Bear showed up (at WDW tho)

Convincing John

Reaction score
Yeah!

I really liked this Muppet appearance. I liked the "How'd They Do That" on tonight even better. The Muppets got to see the Harris family come home! Now just think how you'd feel if Kermit the Frog himself was going "Yaaaay!" if you came home one day? Pretty cool.

One part I really enjoyed was the little blurb Kermit did about how they were enjoying doing this for the family and especially his "welcome home, Harris family, welcome home." That's Kermit right there, folks, that's the Kermit we all know...a really helpful and friendly frog who wants the best for families everywhere. I think that Jim Henson would've liked this appearance, don't you?

The chemistry between Kermit and Piggy is spot on. Piggy saw those kids coming out of the van and immediately said "I want six!"

"Six what?" asks Kermit.
"You know!" answers Piggy.
"Oh, good grief!" and Kermit's face crumples up in disgust.

That's the Kermit and Piggy we all know, folks.

Fozzie's "tool box" bit was absolutely hilarious! The rubber chicken, the bad joke about the egg, the pizza "In case we get hungry." That's Fozzie!

Kermit with the bullhorn...only one thing could've made it better. That's if Scooter was there and did it. Couldn't you just imagine him saying "Extreme Makeover Team! Extreme Makeover team! Two hours till the Harris family comes home, Extreme Makeover Team!"

But of course we as Muppet fans could talk about that kind of thing for ages..."wouldn't it be cool if the Swedish Chef was in the kitchen? Or Crazy Harry helped with the demolition? Or if Sweetums tested the slide by pushing Robin down it? Hey! They should've left a hole in the basement wall so Gobo could visit them from Fraggle Rock! Wouldn't it have been cool if Beautiful Day Monster drove one of the cement mixers?" And on and on and on...

But at least we saw a glimpse of Bear!

I can't help but wonder if Frank Oz watched this show too. Just one of those things you wonder about, y'know?

Convincing John

Daylight

Reaction score
After watching 'How'd they do that?' I've changed my mind. I think the Muppets were hilarious and fantastic. The performance is not as smooth as I like, but then its reality TV so what should we expect.The strong characters of the muppets shone through. Still, I miss the old muppets, but the new ones are good too. :smile:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Frogster said:
And I thought it was just stupid the way Kermit ran around blowing the megaphone at people, especially when he yelled at the stuffed animals. Seriously Kermit... I mean Steve.
If you thought Kermit was annoying, you should see how annoying Ty is every week with the megaphone when theire is 2-1 hours left. This episode he toned down his yelling in the megaphone to everyone, to let Kermit do the job. This is an Extreme Make-Over: Home Edition thing - not a Muppet thing. Don't blame Kermit (or Steve), blame Ty for doing it 100 times worse every other week.