Your Thoughts: Letters to Santa Teaser On-line

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Love it! I cannot wait for this Christmas special. Looks like it'll be better than It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie. I hope this comes to DVD and if it does, I know what I want for Christmas! :wink:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I liked it. I have to say that I thought the singing, dancing postal workers to be a little weird, but I'm sure in context, it won't be so jarring. Anyway, like Carrie said, the characters all look and sound great! They're trying out some new wardrobes on 'em, which is nice, and their voices all sound wonderful, too. I can't wait!
can ya argue though thats good old fashioned muppet magic at work....im counting down the days

smalltimecrook

Reaction score
Unfortunately it won't let me play it as I am outside the US. Can someone post it on youtube please?

Nick22

Reaction score
that just makes me 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times more excited for this new special! i cant wait!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
These are the Muppets I remember! The characters are out in the real world (as opposed to Muppety-scale-built sets) playing off human actors and stars. The characters aren't trying too hard for the jokes as in years past. Their existence in the real world is accepted and the humor comes from their on screen antics instead. That's the way it's supposed to be.

Musical numbers, Muppety humor for all ages, expansive cast inclusions and that something missing has all returned in this clip. Not since Jim Henson have the Muppets seemed so Muppety. Seeing Luncheon Counter Monster and Big Mean Carl working together signifies that all is right in the Muppetverse. A 45 minute total running time insures that viewers will not get bored. There will be no slow points and there's always an extended DVD opportunity. This isn't only the right thing for the Muppets to do it's the right thing for fans young and old.

The Muppets are back for everyone to enjoy. A dream come true. :flirt:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That was really sweet, I enjoyed the Muppets' dialogue together at the beginning, particularly Miss Piggy, she really stood out with the comedy which is great. And she wasn't the target of any bad jokes. The banter seemed genuinely heart felt, as opposed to the jadedness of previous projects. They did see more Muppety. I feel like maybe the emphasis on Santa is a bit too childish, but we won't know until we see the whole thing obviously. I still wouldn't put it next to Muppet Family Christmas just yet, but this does seem to be a good special thus far. :smile:

I will say though, that Bloomberg reveal was so stolen from the Marx Brothers and Night at the Opera, lol.

Still, kudos for including Detective Green from Law & Order! : D

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The thing I find odd about the video is that during the musical number, Piggy complains at various times about wanting to leave, but yet still joins in the musical number without any objection.

Shadowkai

Reaction score
I really can't wait to see it. ^^ I loved the little sneek peek they gave us.

bort

Reaction score
hi all. looked good to me. can't wait to watch it on tv. i didn't care for the Oz movie but really like the last Christmas special they did. also i liked the part with the NYC mayor. one of the (many) cool things about the original Muppet movies were all the cameos.