Your Thoughts: HBO Max streaming service officially launches

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Does HBO Max cut the part of Christmas Eve on Sesame Street where Ernie throws a snowball past Bert? I think there's also a part where Oscar throws a snowball at Maria, is that cut as well?
Those are still there. They happen in the middle of musical numbers, so I don't think they'd be as easy to cut.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I’m surprised Feliz Navidad got cut out, it’s still on the home video release.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My only guess is music rights are more costly online or the price could have gone up overtime.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
“Public domain” isn’t always as black and white as it sounds.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
I was first online back in 2014, around the time Sam P. joined YouTube.
Actually I got my memory wrong when Sam P. first joined... He first joined in 2012, and I first joined the Internet in later 2013 before opening my YT channel in late 2014.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I also discovered, on the Muppet Wiki guide for Episode 594, there was a segment "Some clowns, more clowns..." that was edited out of the HBO Max broadcast. Was this due to licensing issues with the Ringling Brothers/Barnum and Bailey Circus, even though the company has been defunct for five years?

I do know that, in the HBO Max release of Episode 1836 (Season 15 premiere), the segment "Counting the circus clowns" was likely kept intact, implying it may not have been licensing issues with the circus company that applied with "Some clowns, more clowns..." So what on earth could be the reason?

Last edited: