Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock The Animated Series DVD

Foolsby

Reaction score
The bonus feature in the recently-released Animated Fraggle Rock DVD had a real-life photograph of Michael K. Frith holding a doozer and standing in front of a 15-foot "actual size" Junior Gorg puppet. It does not look like the body-suit gorg puppets, which were only 7 feet tall. Any insights into when/how/why this puppet was created, or am I being deceived by mid-'80s Photoshop trickery?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
One thing I've noticed in watching the Fraggle Rock cartoon series is some of the totally random cameos in the series. Beyond just having appearances from secondary characters from the live action show- which is definitely cool- there's even other characters on here, it seems.
Obviously we get to see Doc and Sprocket starting out the episodes as usual- (and I've noticed that Doc is generally portrayed from the waist down or so- we never see his face, much like with Nanny on "Muppet Babies".)
And we do get to see Uncle Travelling Matt interact with Silly Creatures in Outer Space via the postcards Gobo reads as well. And the Doozers and Gorgs are all there and there's at least a couple of visits to Marjory, the Trash Heap with Philo and Gunge there to serve her. And I also really like that they incorporate many songs on the show, most of which I'm thinking are taken from the live action show. (I can't tell if there are any original songs made for the cartoon or not- but I enjoy hearing all of the music on there just the same. "Let Me Be Your Song" and "Follow Me" are two of my favorites and they are featured on there.
And Cantus shows up in an episode and so does Convincing John. There's also the Storyteller, the World's Oldest Fraggle and his assistant Henchy (they show up a couple of times) and the Pipe Bangers.
Particularly in "Red's Drippy Dilemma/Fraggle Babble"- Big V shows up!:excited::batty: That's just cool.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Big_V
And there's also some guy who randomly shows up and grabs up bugs and butterflies as they go by in the background of the show. I don't know who he is supposed to be, but it's always hilarious when he just shows up at random and runs by.:big_grin:

Collgoff

Reaction score
I have a DVD of Fraggle rock the animated Series last year and I do like both The Live action one and the animated one.