Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock The Animated Series DVD

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I'd also love to see the rest of the ALF cartoons on DVD. I've got both the discs already released.
I don't remember the Uncle Matt segments as much- but then I haven't seen the Fraggle Rock cartoon in quite a long while...what about the individual DVD releases of live action Fraggle Rock episodes? They had a few episodes of the cartoon on them- did those include these Uncle Travelling Matt segments? (I assume these are live action scenes we're talking about?):smirk::busy::coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
They had a few episodes of the cartoon on them- did those include these Uncle Travelling Matt segments? (I assume these are live action scenes we're talking about?):smirk::busy::coy:
No... which makes me wonder if they had them on different masters and they just didn't realize anything was missing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I bought the set today, and one thing that I didn't know... Maybe I read it and forgot/missed it... But it's like the early single-disc Fraggle Rock sets... The opening and closing only appear once on the discs? Complete sets should have their openings and closings pone very episode.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I bought the set today, and one thing that I didn't know... Maybe I read it and forgot/missed it... But it's like the early single-disc Fraggle Rock sets... The opening and closing only appear once on the discs? Complete sets should have their openings and closings pone very episode.
I think they do show the whole openings when played individually. There are episodes that have an A & B segment that doesn't roll the credits in between, but that's the way it aired. However, I've never pushed the "play all" button so maybe the openings are cut under those circumstances.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think they do show the whole openings when played individually. There are episodes that have an A & B segment that doesn't roll the credits in between, but that's the way it aired. However, I've never pushed the "play all" button so maybe the openings are cut under those circumstances.
I pushed the "play all" button only so far (I didn't watch all of disc 1 yet), and I've gone through two and a half half-hours so far. The first episode on the set is a full half-hour episode.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I pushed the "play all" button only so far (I didn't watch all of disc 1 yet), and I've gone through two and a half half-hours so far. The first episode on the set is a full half-hour episode.
That is kind of weird. If you click by episode they'll play the openings each time. I suppose it references the same file.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I just got the DVD at Best Buy, but my lazy butt hasn't watched it yet.

dwmckim

Reaction score
You get the whole episode with opening & closing credits when you play an individual episode. Watching them via Play All removes the themes between episodes...maybe to (a) keep someone from getting sick of the theme and (b) to save the viewer doing marathon watching some time.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You get the whole episode with opening & closing credits when you play an individual episode. Watching them via Play All removes the themes between episodes...maybe to (a) keep someone from getting sick of the theme and (b) to save the viewer doing marathon watching some time.
I thought maybe they were trying to save disc time/space. I usually enjoy watching the opening and closing theme on TV shows.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Definitely B. There are times when I'm busy doing something or I lose the remote, or just wanna watch a whole bunch of episodes in order and I find myself skipping the openings and closings to save time.