Your Thoughts: Country Favorite Songs DVD

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I would pay the full price of a DVD for "There's a Hole in the Bucket." I'm stunned this clip hasn't surfaced on Youtube.

Does anybody even know of any episodes that feature that song? Was that song ever included on any Noggin broadcast? Has it been shown on Sprout? Is it shown regularly on international Sesame Street? In other words, is there anybody here who even has a copy of that? If not, then that might be why it hasn't been on You Tube. I don't even remember seeing or hearing about this segment until I saw the review at Muppet Central, and now it seems like everybody wants that sketch. Should we start a petition for that sketch to be included in Old School Vol. 3 (it's probably too late to petition for it to be included in Old School Vol. 3)?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have debated over buying this. On one hand, it includes The Ballad of Casey McPhee and I'm a Real Cowboy, and would be a good opportunity for me to hear a non-Big Bird voice that Matt Vogel can do, but on the other hand, I don't really like country music. However, I saw a cpy of this for the first time today, and while looking at the back cover, I noticed that the "bonus features" box doens't mention any bonus sketches, though the summary mentions bonus performances by a few additional celebrities. This does make it sound unclear as to whether it's just bonus skits with those celebrities or if there are more.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I have debated over buying this. On one hand, it includes The Ballad of Casey McPhee and I'm a Real Cowboy, and would be a good opportunity for me to hear a non-Big Bird voice that Matt Vogel can do, but on the other hand, I don't really like country music.
Is Big Bird even in the video?:confused:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Should we start a petition for that sketch to be included in Old School Vol. 3 (it's probably too late to petition for it to be included in Old School Vol. 3)?
We're trying to let Sesame Workshop know we REALLY want to see this. In the nearly ten years of this site's existence it's one of the most requested Sesame clips that has not been released officially in any form. No one seems to have it either as most think it's not aired in more than 20-25 years.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
We're trying to let Sesame Workshop know we REALLY want to see this. In the nearly ten years of this site's existence it's one of the most requested Sesame clips that has not been released officially in any form. No one seems to have it either as most think it's not aired in more than 20-25 years.
Weird. I don't ever remember seeing this in peoples wish lists for Old School contents. Was it released on any albums? I guess that this and One Song (Song of One) are two of Sesame Street's rarest clips.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, "There's a Hole in the Bucket" was never released on an album.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahem... The Ballad of Slippery Slim!
Finally! Confirmation of that sketch that's been in my memory banks but noone seems to acknowledge. One of the few times when Sesame devoted a sketch to teaching a letter-blend combination, the SL family of words.

Phil, if you have this song, could you please tell me about all that happens during the sketch that accompanies the song and/or the lyrics too?
Or do you need someone to donate it for MC Radio's vaults?

If anyone knows where to find it on youtube, please LMK. Thanks.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is only a song with "Slipperly Slim". There are some Anything Muppets acting out the story as it's told.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... But now that I have the song, it's a bit clearer. Thanks again for that Phil.
*Sits down to add to list of Muppets.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
By the way, all of the classic songs from this DVD are in our rotation on Muppet Central Radio.