Your Thoughts: Country Favorite Songs DVD

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I read the review, and was surprised to see that The Ballad of Casey McPhee is included. I never think of that as a country song. I think of that as a folk song, or a ballad. I'm not surprised that I'm a Real Cowboy is included.

I was a bit surprised to see this review here. It's not very common for Sesame Street DVDs (well, besides Old School and some of the specials) to be reviewed at Muppet Central.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Also, it would have been great if one of the Blowin' in the Wind parodies were included.

I was looking at the review, and was Froggy Went A'Courtin' made for the DVD, or is it a segment from the show?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I noticed that the review says that Ready for School is expected to include bonus segments as well. Is there a source for that, or is it just speculation?

It would be great if this DVD was followed by similar DVDs, such as Kids Favorite Rock Songs, Kids Favorite Jazz Songs, and Kids Favorite Rap Songs (I guess I'd be pushing it for a Kids Favorite Disco Songs release).

These would make good line-ups:
Kids' Favorite Rock Songs
Wet or Dry
Surprise
D-U-C-K-I-E
Full of Rythym
Danger's No Stranger
I Wish I Had a Friend to Play with Me
U Really Got a Hold on Me
Help!
Go, Baby, Go!
Four
I Wanna Hold Your Ear
Hey Food

Bonus skits:
Windy
The Opposite Song
Me Gonna Munch You, Munch You, Munch You
We're Talking About the Number One
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Barn in the USA
Mad

Kids' Favorite Jazz Songs
Heigh De Ho Man
The Way U Does
The Birdland Jump
Jazz Alphabet
That Furry Blue Mommy of Mine
Sound it Out
Don't Know Y
The Birdcall Boogie
Just the Way You Are

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Thanks for the review! I probably wouldn't have looked at the DVD twice unless I had known. That's great that "I'm a Real Cowboy" and "Casey McPhee" are on DVDs now. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering I'm not a country music fan by any stretch (though this has a lot of great classic country tunes, and not so much of that pop country stuff) I'm surprised I have interrest in it. I am intreegued by the Casey Mc Phee song and Forgetful Jones and Polly Darton.

The Rock songs one sounds like a good idea, but I doubt it would have those songs on it specifically.

SillyRed

Reaction score
What's with "The Dixie Chickens"? How did they sing? Did they do a country-like version of "If You're Happy And You Know It"? Did they act like the Dixie Chicks? BTW The Dixie Chicks were on Sesame Street before.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Do we REALLY need to introduce more of Elmo's relatives? A twin cousin? Hoo boy!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Rock songs one sounds like a good idea, but I doubt it would have those songs on it specifically.
I had trouble thinking of good Sesame Street songs for a rap edition. I could only think of Healthy Food, The Easy Rythym Rappin' Alphabet, and the number rap song cartoons.

puppetguy

Reaction score
I would pay the full price of a DVD for "There's a Hole in the Bucket." I'm stunned this clip hasn't surfaced on Youtube.