1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Abby in Wonderland

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Phillip, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Of course, but it still seems like a bad deal :p.
    Anyway, I thought the message wasn't growing up at all, but more being glad to be who you are. Leaving anything behind wasn't really the point I think...
    Besides, why appreciate a memory if you can still live it everyday :excited:? There are plenty of jobs that let you do that...muppets is one of them :3.
    Abby on the other hand, she'll always be in fairy tales :)
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I think I should have gone into greater detail... but to me, Abby wanting to be in a fairy tale before she was ready is an allegory for kids who want to grow up too fast, and be like older kids, their parents, or the other kids who act older than they are. Something that's promoted dangerously in our society, even by seemingly innocuous things like Hanna Montana. Abby moving on saying to herself, "I'll get a fairy tale someday," seems like she's maturing up inside, and not superficially. It's like someone who rushed into a relationship, got their heart broken, and realized that they may not be ready for something serious yet.
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Good point, sometimes I'd trade nostalgia for actually having that feeling again every day. :)

It's just that I'm also reminded of a couple lines from Fraggle Rock such as, "lose your heart till it's new" or "You got to leave to stay." Sometimes if we keep things too close, we lose our precious they really are. A little distance makes them new again.

Or from the musical Into the Woods, "If life were only moments, then you'd never know you had one."
  4. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Okay then, that makes sense :).
    I still think Abby would have looked nice as a blue and white snow fairy, then she could have talked about fairy tales and weather:excited:.
    Now that I think of it though, Alice in Wonderland isn't really a fairy tale is it? It's more a classic story, like Winnie the Pooh :insatiable:
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Semantics.... I never quite thought it was a fairy tale, though it could easily be categorized as one, despite the lack of said fairies. But since they typically have king and queen castle settings like that, I guess that's why it's sort of classified as one.

That said, without ragging on the plot, Alice is a very complex story. You think it would be safer for Abby to do something a lot less dangerous and full of chess references.