Your Thoughts: Abby in Wonderland

Oscarfan

Reaction score
As a kid, whenever I got the old 80's SS videos from the library, I didn't care or know that they were old. The only thing I cared about was that I liked them. I'm sure if kids get exposed to some old SS, I'm sure they'll find it enjoyable.

Redsonga

Reaction score
As a kid, whenever I got the old 80's SS videos from the library, I didn't care or know that they were old. The only thing I cared about was that I liked them. I'm sure if kids get exposed to some old SS, I'm sure they'll find it enjoyable.
Me to..when I saw SS clips and cartoons from the 70's on SS I thought they were brand new..I always thought "Gee golly, how do they draw things so fast?" :coy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Exactly, I don't understand this school of thought that's come around lately that kids don't watch older shows. It does not match the real world. It seems to go along with the trend of making everything safe and simple for kids, so as not to "confuse" or "challenge" them too much.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Exactly, I don't understand this school of thought that's come around lately that kids don't watch older shows. It does not match the real world. It seems to go along with the trend of making everything safe and simple for kids, so as not to "confuse" or "challenge" them too much.
I don't know about the "confuse" or "challenge" thingie, I mean are they trying to make it to where little ones hardly have a reason to ask questions anymore? :sympathy: Even with my learning disability when I was little I never had much trouble understanding non-dumbed down shows...The worst thing they did was improve my vocabulary:coy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't know about the "confuse" or "challenge" thingie, I mean are they trying to make it to where little ones hardly have a reason to ask questions anymore? :sympathy: Even with my learning disability when I was little I never had much trouble understanding non-dumbed down shows...The worst thing they did was improve my vocabulary:coy:
Yeah it's like everyone in society is downplaying the role of the parent. Kids shouldn't just observe TV or the world alone. Parents are there to answer questions. I think some of this is guilt over how so many more parents are having to work and be away from their kids (which is largely the government's fault!)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I blame the creation of Blues Clues... and the fact that too many hack Child Psychologists (the ones that are shifty and have questionable credentials) who are out to say something ridiculous in order to sell books... and Baby Einstein.

Anyway, Abby getting her own DVD is almost a contractual obligation... I mean, she has all this merchandise (again, I reiterate, EXCEPT for a PVC collectible, which I'm still waiting to see), so a DVD story would only make sense.

It seems they should have made a movie, but they made a TV special instead, and I think that royalty reasons and stuff like that kept bonus segments and skits off the DVD. I mean, no brainer... The SS News Flash segment with Alice would probably be great... but then they'd have to get permission from Disney... and all that nonsense.

If there's one thing I think these SS DVD's need is extra segments, new or old. 12 bucks for a 45 minute special... it really needs a bonus of some sort.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The SS News Flash segment with Alice would probably be great... but then they'd have to get permission from Disney... and all that nonsense.
Well, they do have permission to use anything with Kermit that they already own. But it could be different fro DVD. I do not know?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't really think Disney owns Alice anyway :stick_out_tongue:. I mean unless she looks exactly like the Disney version :\

Drtooth

Reaction score
It has been confirmed... Abby in Wonderland WILL air the day after Thanksgiving. There's a promo for it that's airing on PBS.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've been watching the movie on one of my stations and so far, it's okay. The bets parts are the scenes with Cookie, E&B's short cameo and the T Party, especially the song and Cookie showing up and eating everything.