1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your signature-explain yourselves!

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by HPDJ, May 18, 2005.

1. HPDJ Member

Where does your signature come from?

Mine is from the best quote, from the best song, from the best film, from the best franchise, from the best...YOU GET THE PICTURE! :)
  2. redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I change mine depending on my mood, what role playing game I'm a part of, or what quote fits the day. Right now I have what I had up for the anniversary of Jim's passing. I'll probably change it in a couple of more days.
  3. Skeeter Muppet Active Member

I'm like redBoobergurl; I change my sig depending on my whim. I've had a link to my Scooter fansite in my sig, I've had a quote from Doctor Who and I've had lyrics from a couple of my favorite musicals.

My current signature is the last line of an old joke or folktale. It's about a guy who has to teach a horse to sing, and the king gives him a year in which to do it. If he can't teach the horse to sing, the guy will be executed. When asked by a friend why he's bothering with this seemingly impossible task the guy replies, "A lot of things can happen in a year. The king could die, the horse could die, I could die. And who knows? Maybe the horse will learn to sing."

-Kim
  4. JaniceFerSure Active Member

I'm always changing my signature,whatever I'm in the mood for.Either a quote from TMS,Labyrinth,muppet song,sketch,or whatever epiphany I have that day.:rolleyes:
  5. Harvey Towers Active Member

I've been remarkably static in my sig - I never change it and I'm lucky I picked something I like when I thought of it!

At present it is

This be no intercom, this be a payphone!

which is a quote from the very excellent John Cleese ep of TMS.

On the off chance I have changed it, or to confirm I haven't, my signature is:
  6. TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

Well my signature is just something I made up. It has no greater signifigance than what meets the eye. But in case I change it in the future, my current sig is :

This post is brought to you by the letter "Lisa". Er, wait a second here, that's not... um... uh... Grover?...

~~~~
    it is my original signature, I am yet to change it. I might eventually. I do have some very funny, very random "quote of the day" 's. Those are always random and interesting. But for now I'll just leave it as it is.
  7. RedDragon New Member

My sig is just what it says it is. I'll change it when I hear or say something funny and I want to share it with all of you.
  8. DanDanStrawberry Active Member

Mine is always changing. At the moment it's

"Woah, don't toast the hamsters, dude"
    - Dylan, The Magic Roundabout

Which is a quote from the only thing I'm more obsessed with than muppets, The Magic Roundabout. I recently bought "The Little Book of Dylan" which is basically full of funny things that Dylan the [stoned] Rabbit said during the movie and I just happened to find that particularly quote fun and random, two words which sum MC up very well indeed!!
  9. Manda:-D New Member

I LIKE that, Kim.
    But in any case, I feel my own sig's prett self-explanatory. I joined MC a few years, and back then I posted ALL THE TIME, to the point where I even felt the need to warn people of an impending month-long hiatus, but, then I didn't have enough time to be here as much. So, I tended to show up again whenever I had time, and then found such a huge number of things to post a/b that I was almost able to fill an entire "new posts" page by myself. Then I wouldn't have time to check up on MC again for a long while, so I'd just disappear again. It got tothe point where it really did feellike a pattern, even though I've been sticking around for a while this time around.
    Generally, though, my sigs change. And I'm probably gonna change this one again any day now.
  10. Whatever Active Member

Mine explains where I'll be next year. In case anyone wonders.
  11. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

There are 2 explanations for mine:
    1)In the SSU book ,it had a profile of Prairie Dawn & it said her favorite song was "I Believe In Little Things"
    2) I used to volunteer helping little kids read in school. I knew they could do it if they tried hard enough. I believed in them. (hence: "I believe in little things") :)
  12. unclematt Active Member

As a kid I remember laughing out loud when Fozzie aid this line ing TGMC. It is also my favorite Muppet Movie. I guess there is sentimental value to it.
  13. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Mine is a mixture of a couple of words from the Numa Numa song, and something that my Danish friend said the other day...

...but changes regularly.

I often put Star Trek rules/saying/laws of aquisition(sp?) there.
  14. That Announcer New Member

My signature has changed three times, due to their being my three favorite Muppet quotes. The incarnations are as such:

1. "The invisible cheeseburger's lost his voice! All that's left of him is the smell of onions!"

2. "Ah, the stage is empty- my chance at last! Hit it, boys! -Angus Macgonagall

3. (You can see it below)
  15. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

My signature is off and on, usually from Muppets, and when it isn't, it's from Family Guy. My most recent sig before this one was "Oh lord not jogging.":mad: One of my favorite quotes from TMTM, spoken by Piggy. But now in the spirit of MWoO I have the best Pepe quote of all time, "I'm so gosh darn sexy it hurts.":rolleyes:
  16. HeraLirambar New Member

My siggy is from the song "Drum of Right" from Bunny Picnic, and I like it because I'm a dirty hippie (without the dirt.)
  17. DanDanStrawberry Active Member

Mine has changed since my last post, but it's still a quote from Magic Roundabout. I just thought it was hilarious when Brian the Snail said this in the film; because of all the rumours about drugs and things related to the kids TV show, so it needed to be noted!!

EDIT: I tired of the old one, now it's the quote everyone remembers from Moulin Rouge!!
  18. TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

New signature!
    In case I change it again, this one is:

"Concise" is when the post is shorter than the signature.

The story behind it? Quite simple. I find it incredibly amusing when a signature is a full sentence, and the post is about... two words. I'm not saying it's wrong or anything, I mean I do it too. But I think it's funny. So I thought I'd point it out, just for the heck of it.
  19. DanDanStrawberry Active Member

Mine changed again. It's pretty self-explanatory. It's "there's nothing wrong with my spelling" spelled wrongly. Fairly ironic, as my friend Alanis would say.
  20. RedDragon New Member

Mine will probably change back and forth between "Quote of the day" and this new one. If I have a Quote then I will us it, if not then this one will appear.

It explains my behavior. If I'm not doing something(like posting)then I will sit and stare off into space. While doing this I create stories, fantasies, and adventures in my head. I spend most of my free time doing this. It's fun. And I end up bring to life a lot of crazy, cool stories. Try it some time. :zany: