Your favorite Ed Sullivan Muppet skits

dmx10101

Reaction score
Rock and Roll Monster
Octopus garden
the glutton
I feel pretty
and the one with the little guy saying dobe do and the other two things going doo doo do do or something like that

muppet maniac

Reaction score
My favorites are..

-The Rock and Roll Monster
-Mah Nah Mah Nah
-Change of Face
-Monster Eats Computer(it's got the early Cookie Monster in it)
-Christmas Reindeers
-Scrapyll Flaap
-Big Bird's Dance
-Visualizing Your Thoughts
-The Glutton
-Santa Claus w/Monsters(it's got an early Grover in the skit!)
-Monster Trash Can Dance(precursor to Oscar the Grouch????)
-Inchworm
-Octopus' Garden
-Monster Family
-The String Quartet

minor muppetz

Reaction score
my faves?

My favorite skits are Mahna Mahna, String Quartet, Arthur Godfrey as Santa Clause, The Computer Dinner, Girl Meets Monster, Buisness Buisness, Inchworm, and Scryap Flyap.

Xerus

Reaction score
I loved the Octopus's Garden skit. Jim was the swimmer, Frank was the Octopus, who was acting a lot like Fozzie. And I believe Jerry was the small clam.

The Christmas Reindeer skit was cool too. I recognized Jim and Frank's voices in that one.

And I liked how Mahna Mahna had an funny speaking role in Stringed Quartet and how Jerry voiced the leader of the quartet. I believe Richard and Frank were the other two guys as well.

And Business Business was cool and it kind of shows the truth in life. Sometimes, people start up something wonderful and nice to make everyone happy. But then later on when it becomes successful, things change and it starts becoming business to them.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I prefer the Sam and Friends visual thinking sketch, but in this version its nice that Kermit, having learnt in the S&F sketch is now teaching...

I think my favorite is the "Change of Face" sketch, "Computer Dinner" and "Christmas Reindeer" (no S I fear!)

It's great looking back on early puppets and personalities and hereing the various voices used for different characters such as Fozzie as a Reindeer.

It's also worth noting how Ed Sullivan introduces these as "for the children", maybe not entirely true...

CBPuppets

Reaction score
My favorites

-The Art of Visual Thinking (Some how Prof. Hastings would've been observing this.)

-Rock it To Me (Very Clever Especially with Sour Bird eating the monster afterwards.)

-Octopus's Garden (who Else wouldn't love a wisecracking octopus wh sounds like Grover?)

-Monster Trash Can Dance (I love the explosions Jim used)

-Monster Family (Using Splurge to surprise the Audience! Awsome)

-Inchworm (I love the sketches I've seen the Muppet show one as well)

Sclrap Flyapp (I love this version, I also Love the Hugga Wugga Version too.)