1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fozzie Bear, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

By Vic Romano

You've heard Jeff Foxworthy's: "You might be a redneck if..." jokes, so let's do a "You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if..."

Examples:
    "You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if..."
    You know what a 'Hoob' is.
    You've arranged your Palisades figures by groups of their respective puppeteer.
    You know the names of all the Henson kids... etc.

You can post as many responses in one post as you'd like.

Now:
    You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if...you spend more time at Muppet Fan Forums than you do sleeping.
    PanthraDion and basicallygood like this.
  2. christyb

christyb New Member

You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if...you rewind tapes to figure out which Muppeteer's head you just saw.
  3. sugarbritchez

sugarbritchez Active Member

You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if......you can identify a character just by hearing their voice.

(happned to me this week...the radio station has a little diddy before a song and Wembly says...How about a song.....well I picked up on it right away and the girl that works with me said it was really sad that I even knew that)

Hehehehehehehehe
  4. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

You might be an obsessive Muppet fan if...

You hear someone singing "Mahna Mahna" in the bathroom and join in.

Your St Patrick's Day outfit features Kermit.

You think Muppets are the best thing ever, followed by the Steppum.

Your definition of "java" does not include "lamp."

Your knowledge of art history come from Mis Piggy's Treasury of Art Masterpieces from the Kermitage Collection.

Your knowledge of music and celebrities from the 60s and 70s comes from TMS.
    KissesToKermie likes this.
  5. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if you know who Lord Grade and Bernie Brillstein are.
    WembleyWimp16 and basicallygood like this.
  6. Fozzie Bear

You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if you can name more Muppets than you can members of your own family.
  7. sugarbritchez

sugarbritchez Active Member

Now I do believe that is a Winner there!

Good One Kev!!!!
  8. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I laughed out loud so hard when I read this. Thanks for using my idea, Kevin!

"You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if..."
    You've considered making Jim Henson your deity.
  9. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

you might be an obsessed muppet fan if....

-you recognize which puppeteer voices which character..
    -you watch the dvd widescreen version of Labyrinth,and try to find the Jareth busts/heads
    -you know the lyrics to the majority of Muppet songs,including the ones that don't make sense;like Trudge Trudge/Streak Streak & Hugga Wugga,Pachalafaka
    -you know sketches by heart,verbatum
    -you've seen all of you favorite shows,movies more than a few times;including Muppet 3D
    -you know the likes and dislikes of your favorite muppets
    -you collect anything muppety that is produced;you run out of room to put them & still buy more
    -you've seen all of the muppet projects that have been produced thus far
    -you can't wait to see the next muppet projects coming out
    -you've pre-ordered the next muppet merchandise coming to a store near you
    -you know who the monster is at the end of the book...
    -you can figure out what and where Gonzo is/from
    WembleyWimp16 likes this.
  10. Harvey Towers

Harvey Towers Active Member

You break into song whenever you see a rainbow, the midpoint of some steps or anything green...
  11. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

....You wrote a list like this years ago, and never remembered to post it.
    ....You search relentlessly for chords not only to Muppet songs like "Rainbow Connection" and "Going to Go Back there Someday", but also "Six Stringed Orchestra", and "We Got Us."
    ....You hear a song on the radio and comment on how perfect it would be for Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem to perform. (I.e: anything by Dr. John, "The Beat Goes On", etc.)
    ....You write songs you deem "somewhat Fraggle-ish."
    ...You really believe that world peace can be made possible by making world leaders watch Fraggle Rock every day.
    ....You've ever tried to wear your hair like Red Fraggle. (It's getting the pigtails to stay standing up that's the trouble.)
    ....Your favorite present, even w/all the clothes and the movies you get, is that one random Muppet chotchke that cost a/b a buck, especially if it's your favorite Muppet.
  12. Fozzie Bear

You might be an obsessive Muppet fan if everytime you hear the words Mahna-Mahna (or Phenomena for that matter) you HAVE to say: DO DOO DO DO DOO (or the variable Ba dee bee dee, etc).

BTW:
    Do doo do do doo...
  13. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

You might be a Muppet Fan if:
    You sing the Swedish Chef song while cooking
    (not that I've ever done that! :) )
  14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

You might be an obsessive Muppet fan if...

...you break into an Animal Impression on the drums whenever you sit near them. Comlete with headbanging, and cymbol eating.
    ...You can recite these lines: "Jah hah wuggula hu duggy wuggy wuggula. Hey hu halia apeligo aluila. Hu ta tuu la, ah eh, accolia. Hudeeleeta etta puguli." And know it comes from the Muppet Hawian War Chant
    ...You say Wocka Wocka if you joke fails
    ...you can also quote the next verse of the Hawiaan War Chant, which goes: "Tah, wocka, wocka, choo, chu locomotobacka. Hey hu halia apeligo aluila. Hu ta tuu la, ah eh, accolia. Hudeeleeta etta puguli
  15. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

16. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if you picture the Electric doing songs on the radio while you're listening.

ryan
  17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

....you sing songs with different lyrics but to "Bein' Green."
    ....you watch "Muppets Take Manhattan" and you watch "I'm always going to love you" over and over and sing everyone's voice.
    ....you do little puppet shows and have muppet songs that your puppet does.(when you were little)
    ....you have both verison of "Muppet Movie Book" paper back and hardback.
    ....on your coffiee table you have muppet books and only one womans magazine.
    ....you have muppet house shoes that still fit you from back in the day. (I don't I have big feet)
    BeakerJanice likes this.
  18. Beauregard

19. Harvey Towers

Harvey Towers Active Member

when someone asks you if you can speak french/german/italian/spanish/whatever you answer "No, but I can speak mock Swedish."
    misspiggy5260 likes this.
  20. Beauregard

...or Beekerese