1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Will the Count live on?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by bingboingcutie, Aug 25, 2012.

1. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I hope Herry will make his triumphant return, possibly with David Rudman performing. He's another underrated character to me. :)
  2. catherine

catherine Active Member

it's a shame they won't be keeping it as jerry's voice.
  3. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Yes I know that...
  4. Pinkflower7783

Umm...they really can't when he's not here anymore. :confused:
  5. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

That would be wonderful. He's been gone too long.
    Phillip likes this.
  6. bingboingcutie

bingboingcutie Active Member

David Rudman as Herry? I never thought of that one. I wonder how he'd do. Any footage of him doing a Herry-esque voice out there, or what else makes you think so?
  7. mr3urious

Well, since David does a pretty good job as one half of the Two Headed Monster, I'd figured that he'd do Herry well, too.
  8. bingboingcutie

bingboingcutie Active Member

Oh, yeah, he does. That might sound pretty cute.

Bringing back Herry would be such a treat. It may just be that I've read a lot of 90s SS books, but it seems that Herry is one of those characters who's always in the books but never on the show, like Betty Lou. It always confused me as to why the stories all had Betty Lou and other characters like that in them but the episodes were all about Elmo and Zoe. It'd be nice to see a little more continuity like that.
  9. Pinkflower7783

It's be nice of Sesame Street did some sort of special on him.
  10. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Well he is the longest Muppet worker within the biz.
  11. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Hope Matt can handle Jerry's other charters!
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  12. InvaderZim

InvaderZim Member

I'd be fine with Matt taking over Jerry's characters-including the Count and Herry.
  13. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

David Rudman performs the half of the Two-Headed Monster originated by Richard Hunt. Joey Mazzarino performs Jerry's half.
  14. Pinkflower7783

I'm sure he'll be fine. However I think that's the last thing their thinking of right now. Well maybe not but I'm sure Matt is grieving like everyone else who knew or worked with him at this time.
  15. Pinkflower7783

Exactly why they should do a special on him.
  16. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I love the count hope that something better comes along ahhhhhh wakka wakka see my muppet movie reference
    bingboingcutie likes this.
  17. mr3urious

I always keep forgetting that. :oops:
  18. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Longer than Frank?
  19. muppet kid 98

muppet kid 98 New Member

I hope Count won't take a Rowlf like absence for years, because after all, he's the best math teacher ever. I think Matt will start with small lines here or there, and then move up to full length segments. I can only imagine the pressure he's feeling
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  20. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too. I hope The Count makes more news/talk show/award show appearances either by the end of 2012 or the beginning of 2013.

The Count would be a great guest at counting down to the lighting of the Rockefellar Christmas tree and the New Year ball drop.
    Fraggline and bingboingcutie like this.