1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Why?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Sir Didymus, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Sunshineboz

Sunshineboz New Member

I have to admit, I liked the package deal they had a little while ago where you got two DVD's for practically the price of a cheap ONE. It was Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal.
    My roommates and I tried to split ownership but we all agreed in the end to keep unified.

Yeah, they're no longer with me, need to get my own.
    The Dark Crystal is by far, my fav. of the two.
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Good taste! DC is one of my fave all time films.
  3. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Although I prefer Labyrinth of the two if I had to choose, I'm not like the people who thought these movies weren't amazing. I think they were both brilliant works of total genius, and they really didn't get the credit they deserved. I love DC very much, but I do have a thing for Bowie, and the thing with the crystal ball...It takes me 4 hours to watch Labyrinth because of that. the normal 1 and a half for the movie, the other 2 and a half rewinding and watch the crystal ball thing over and over and over...:D

-Matt
  4. Joseph

Joseph New Member

I enjoyed both labyrinth and DC.
  5. Sunshineboz

Sunshineboz New Member

Heh heh, thanks.
    If they offered DC pillows, would you buy those?
  6. fluffmuppet

fluffmuppet Member

You wanna know what I think?? I think back then, PPL just didn't want to see something that was "normal" enough for most people...

It weird but true, but NOW people are starting to appreciate the movies from then, even when they didn't get appreciated at the theatres!!

I mean, look at UHF (Weird Al's movie), Howard the Duck, Dark Crystal, and even Mac & Me!!!

Over at the purerave.com website, HALF the people there (which is probably more than 16, 000+ PPL) just ADORE these movies! Its funny, I guess when your young, you appreciate movies more, but parents are so drawn into the real world, they push their imagination out through their ears!

I guess that's the way PPL were in the 80's, they couldn't admit they were a child at heart, too afraid of what society will do to them, so they didn't bother going to see movies where they thought they would be for just little "kids". It's alot better NOW because PPL aren't as afraid to be a kid....like me for instance! *lol*
  7. Joseph

Joseph New Member

I enjoyed both UHF and Howard the Duck, despite some of the reviews they received at the time of their release.
  8. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Everyone liked Howard the Duck! LOL!
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'd buy whatever looked cool from the Dark Crystal. I really hope Palisades gets the license some day!
  10. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Umm...they did? ;-)
  11. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

I'm gunna side with Chilly on that one...hehehe ;)

-Matt
  12. Sunshineboz

Sunshineboz New Member

To match the Muppet Pillow heads! YEAH!!

DC figures would be very awesome and detailed!
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Oh yeah, you saw those pillow heads. I forgot. LOL! SF Pepe's apartment looks so blank without all the incredible amount of Muppet stuff there doesn't it? ) Well, there are still a few Kermits and Pepes floating around.
  14. Sunshineboz

Sunshineboz New Member

Yeah, it looks more Dark Crystal now. hahahhahahahaha!
    It's still a better apt. than mine though!!

They should make a muppet out of the Bee you created, that would be very cool.
  15. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Okay, let me just say one thing:

I am the Walrus. So um, Koo Koo Kachoo.

Thank you. :p

-Matt
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

LOL! Yeah - I'll do something with the bee soon. You saw the poster of the bee right?
  17. SFPepe

SFPepe New Member

Im telling kermit!

Listen here! I have 1 kermit, and 1 Hand Crafted PEPE with angel wings. And tons of SCOOBYS!!!!!!!!!! I can only love 1 Kermit and 1 Pepe at a time. :-(
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Hmmm - 3 posts in 4 months. You may reach regular member status yet! :D
  19. SFPepe

SFPepe New Member

Someday

I hope to be a regular member, it not easy being junior :confused:
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

26 posts to go!