Why?

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
I have to admit, I liked the package deal they had a little while ago where you got two DVD's for practically the price of a cheap ONE. It was Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal.
My roommates and I tried to split ownership but we all agreed in the end to keep unified.

Yeah, they're no longer with me, need to get my own.
The Dark Crystal is by far, my fav. of the two.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Good taste! DC is one of my fave all time films.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Although I prefer Labyrinth of the two if I had to choose, I'm not like the people who thought these movies weren't amazing. I think they were both brilliant works of total genius, and they really didn't get the credit they deserved. I love DC very much, but I do have a thing for Bowie, and the thing with the crystal ball...It takes me 4 hours to watch Labyrinth because of that. the normal 1 and a half for the movie, the other 2 and a half rewinding and watch the crystal ball thing over and over and over...:big_grin:

-Matt

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Good taste! DC is one of my fave all time films.
Heh heh, thanks.
If they offered DC pillows, would you buy those?

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
You wanna know what I think?? I think back then, PPL just didn't want to see something that was "normal" enough for most people...

It weird but true, but NOW people are starting to appreciate the movies from then, even when they didn't get appreciated at the theatres!!

I mean, look at UHF (Weird Al's movie), Howard the Duck, Dark Crystal, and even Mac & Me!!!

Over at the purerave.com website, HALF the people there (which is probably more than 16, 000+ PPL) just ADORE these movies! Its funny, I guess when your young, you appreciate movies more, but parents are so drawn into the real world, they push their imagination out through their ears!

I guess that's the way PPL were in the 80's, they couldn't admit they were a child at heart, too afraid of what society will do to them, so they didn't bother going to see movies where they thought they would be for just little "kids". It's alot better NOW because PPL aren't as afraid to be a kid....like me for instance! *lol*

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by fluffmuppet
You wanna know what I think?? I think back then, PPL just didn't want to see something that was "normal" enough for most people...

It weird but true, but NOW people are starting to appreciate the movies from then, even when they didn't get appreciated at the theatres!!

I mean, look at UHF (Weird Al's movie), Howard the Duck, Dark Crystal, and even Mac & Me!!!

*lol*
I enjoyed both UHF and Howard the Duck, despite some of the reviews they received at the time of their release.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joseph

I enjoyed both UHF and Howard the Duck, despite some of the reviews they received at the time of their release.
Everyone liked Howard the Duck! LOL!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd buy whatever looked cool from the Dark Crystal. I really hope Palisades gets the license some day!