Why We Love Scooter

BEAR

Reaction score
My favorite Scooter has always been the one we see in the Muppet films, especially Muppets Take Manhattan. He is a bright kid who is always on hand for Kermit. He is Kermit's manager. Out of the core group, he's the smart, practical one. He keeps things running and organized. He is probably like a smarter version of Gilligan. I honestly think Kermit would be lost without Scooter.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I liked Scooter best in The Muppet Show:wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Scooter's been my favorite since I was old enough (about 7) to sit down and watch the Muppet films all the way through. In fact, I think I had a little crush on him even then.
Why do we love him? He's a smart, sweet kid who just wants to do the right thing. He's a foil for some of the wackier Muppets, but he's got his own sense of humor. And he's got a nice voice, compliments of Richard Hunt.

I've said this before in other threads, but if the other editors/reporters at my campus newspaper were Muppets (and Lord knows we generate enough chaos in the office during the final editing process), I think I'd be Scooter.

BabyScooter

Reaction score
Scooter is great!

Scooter is my all time favorite muppet!!:wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I definitely identify with Scooter, a young person at his first real job. He's so determined to do well. He has good ideas but no one takes him seriously because he's just a "kid." I think that's why he uses his Uncle excuse so much. It's an easy way to get respect from these older people.

But eventually they all come to rely on him to keep everything together, and he's not so defensive about the Uncle thing.

Especially in the films; isn't it odd how he's the one who's always getting these bright ideas? Like painting Fozzie's car in TMM, taking the show to Broadway and then going their separate ways in MTM.

I also like Scooter interacting with Bean in The Muppets at Walt Disney World. Bean is like a little kid, while Scooter is more of an adolescent forced to hang out with this annoyingly cute bunny.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
I just bought "John Denver & The Muppets - A Christmas Together" On "The Peace Carol" are you guys sure that's Scooter? I think it sounded like Janice. I mean either way, it's Richard. But I simply cannot tell just by listening.
It's Scooter, because he's the one singing it on the TV special. Cool that you got the CD, I know what I want for Christmas!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I think it's time someone bumped this thread up.

Let's see, other reasons why we love Scooter...for a character who was initially assigned to "go-fer" status at the Muppet theater, he's amazingly three-dimensional. He's got a sense of humor and he loves to be in on the silliness and chaos...but he seems so earnest and sincere, the kind of Muppet you wouldn't mind telling your secrets to.

In fact, it looks like the writers and performers decided they liked him way too much to have him be related to J.P. Grosse. And I guess after they introduced J.P. in the Judy Collins episode, they found themselves thinking, "This guy is really Scooter's uncle?"