Why We Love Scooter

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Brian can sing? I hope so lol.
Well, if you count Seymour and Pepe's little jingle whenever they began one of their "acts"... :wink:

-Kim

WiGgY

Reaction score
OH NO! I can hear it now

"I'm Scooter!"
"I'm Janice!"
"We're two of a kind!"

Nightmares, this is what they are made of. lol

Ryan

Reaction score
Awww, why thanks, I love you guys, too! :big_grin:
But, seriously, folks...I simply adore Scoots. I really relate to him in some ways, and (believe it or not) although he is not my favorite Muppet (my second, next to the Pig, of course.) he'll always have a special place in my heart. Richard performed him like no one else can, and although Brian does a great job, it will never be the same.

Ryan

Reaction score
BTW, just out of curiousity, why is Richard performing Scooter with his left hand in "Mr. Bassman"? I just realized it yesterday watching "Rock Music with The Muppets" that his performance is a tad sloppy and the only hand moving is his right. Maybe another performer? :confused:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i like scooter cause he is easy to get along with. he is some one who can get the job done, someone that you can rely on. always there to help out when he needs too. always there to do his job and stick to it. he's one of my top 5 muppets.

ryan

jeremyactor

Reaction score
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Scooter is my all time favorite. Such energy, he's a great character. Not overly manipulative, but he can get what he wants in a great comedic fashion. He's the all american kid who just wants to succeed, and do the best job he can. I see a lot of myself in him, maybe that's why I like him so much.

I just love 6 string orchestra!!

Jeremy

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
This is an OLD thread!!!

Finally a thread to honor the coolest (IMHO) muppet. Scooter!!! I love the guy, he's so...honest. And he never seemed to be rude or mean either. Just a sweet, nice all around guy.

I just bought "John Denver & The Muppets - A Christmas Together" On "The Peace Carol" are you guys sure that's Scooter? I think it sounded like Janice. I mean either way, it's Richard. But I simply cannot tell just by listening.

BEAR

Reaction score
Anyone have an MP3 of Scooter singing that song where he played the guitar with the Electric Mayhem? I loved that number!:wink:

Saironi

Reaction score
Here's my analsis of his personality;

When Scooter first appeared he assumed he'd be welcomed with open arms to increasing the Muppet Theater staff. He was polite (if a bit demanding) when he said he was going to be the go-fer, then seemed like he was whining when Kermit refused. Finally he looks away mentioning his uncle. That's where you can tell he's not such a bad guy. He seems a little embarassed and ashamed that he has to use his uncle as a trump card, though sees that that was what got him the job, he uses his uncle again to get $30 a week, the other times he's probably defending his uncle from George's insults and just mentions one act is his favorite in "Jim Nabors".

His relationship with Kermit is a growing one. At first he sees Kermit as the easily-intimidated show host who's scared of being out of a job if Scooter is mistreated and uses it to get what he wants, though "Simon Smith and his Amazing Dancing Dog/Bear", the Wind-up TV show host, and Gonzo's female impersonation attempt seem to be as far as he gets before Kermit starts to show some backbone towards him. Maybe this is what makes Scooter start to respect him more and not behave like the brat he originally was, as in "Lene Horne", he repeats what Kermit says about being "Merciless and cruel" and tries it out on Piggy, to his misfortune learning she doesn't care who his uncle is. After that he refers to Kermit as "Frog Honsho o' mine", "boss" and "Cheif", showing he has much more respect for him.

Perhaps it is that reason why he actually seems to take his job as go-fer more seriously later than in earlier episodes.

His relationship with Fozzie is a little odd. He may or may not be just trying to boost the bears' ego when he says he thinks Fozzie's funny, since he doesn't get the joke Fozzie then does for him, despite the great joke Scooter gave him earlier, leaving us to think Scooter is either really the "Amusing little twit" Piggy calls him later or has a good sense of humor but poor timing or comprehension of said joke.

He does seem to think of Gonzo as a friend, as when Fozzie listens to him through his door, you can hear Scooter calling "Hey, Gonz". He also takes it on himself to be the little Frackle's manager, insisting Gonzo needs help, now who but a friend would do that? These two are also seen chatting it up on how the crowd actually loved one of Gonzo's acts for once while Fozzie is trapped in Marvo's box in "Ben Vereen". Maybe it's because Gonzo was a bit like Scooter himself, a little bratty in always wanting things his own way.

With Piggy, he has learned to do whatever she wants not out of respect or a longing to help, but of fear of being hurt.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Scooter is a guy that everyone can rely on. That's what makes Scooter a good character. A lot of other muppets have respect for the guy.

ryan