Who will release Muppet figures in 2007?

beaker

Reaction score
Now that Palisades is no more, who will be releasing Muppet action figures?

Personally, I would LOVE to see a 3.5"-4" Muppet figure line, similair to the 1978 Fisher Price line: http://www.muppetcentral.com/collectibles/muppetpics/toy_figure_fpstickpup.jpg

or the 2003 Jack in the Box Muppet figures:

as well as the size of the Palisades Muppet minis.

Maybe Disney will do a line like this? Just imagine, instead of these big 6" figures where we see a few Muppets a year, we could get something like the Star Wars line that encompasses a wide swath of characters? The possibilities are endless.

Engineernerd

Reaction score
TotallySpiesFan said:
How about Playmates?
Hope not, or McFarlane for that matter. Playmates style is too cartoony for Muppets (after being spoiled by the Palisades figures). Most of the Playmates figures tend to have very little detail to them. While they would look cool, a Muppet McStatue doesnt hold much appeal to me.

Zizzle perhaps?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... Been thinking about this, regarding possible/potential future SS figure release should it happen, though it could apply to Muppets as well. Love the Palisades line, that's what brough me back into the Muppet fold. If a line starts up again, I hope it would use the same sort of sensitvities as the Palisades line and keep themselves in proper scale with that line also. As far as what company do I think would be the best fit? SOA. Seems they have attention to detail and put their love into the figures with the amount of detail nd articulation, example the Street Fighter line.

Meepsterboy

Reaction score
1 word: NECA.
Their work on Nightmare before Christmas sold me on the being great if there was another Muppet line. They manage to balance the scale of articulation and sculpt. And, they've dealt with Disney. They made POTC figures, NbC (Disney owned) and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie figures (again, Disney owned.)

Telly

Reaction score
I was gonna say NECA too. SOTA came to mind for some reason as well. Just imagined if the Muppet line did get picked up, do you think they'd sell as well as the Palisades if they were still in scale? I think they might have a rough start cuz I imagine they'd do like Palisades and release Kermit and Piggy in the first wave. Though I'm up for buying another Kermit. :stick_out_tongue:

Meepsterboy

Reaction score
Telly said:
I was gonna say NECA too. SOTA came to mind for some reason as well. Just imagined if the Muppet line did get picked up, do you think they'd sell as well as the Palisades if they were still in scale? I think they might have a rough start cuz I imagine they'd do like Palisades and release Kermit and Piggy in the first wave. Though I'm up for buying another Kermit. :stick_out_tongue:
So am I, and that goes double if they can get the Pig's hair right... We need a good normal Piggy.

Telly

Reaction score
I was happy with the the Long-Haired version of Piggy. The Pigs In Space First Mate Piggy was pretty descent as well.:embarrassed:

Yoda Man

Reaction score
NECA. I'm a huge fan of their work. I think they'd do a great job with the line. Plus I love most of their work on their bases, and that would be nice seeing as the Muppets came without them.

beaker

Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who wants 3.5-4" figures by say, Playmates or someone. I actually am not much into the "Mcfarlane detail" that virtually every company uses.