Who will release Muppet figures in 2007?

Pino

Reaction score
MWoO said:
We got a huge amount of figures from the Palsiades line too.
For Muppets that is true Its just a shame they didnt get to make them for Sesame Street.. I sure liked those!
But maybe a new manufactor can produce them?:big_grin:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Same here.

Like Fozzie (and others), I felt that Sal and an articulated regular Robin would have completed the line for me. Bobo and Bean would've been cool, too.

We came so close to having Vet's Hospital figures, too. There was also a lot of talk about an Electric Mayhem Bus playset...with tuxedo Zoot. Man, that would've done it for me. Yeah, they already made Zoot, but with Zoot so hard to find now, an extra variant would've helped fans in need of one.

I WISH that those awesome Sesame Street figures would be made! OMGCNFO still has my money for a set!!! Grrrr.....

Convincing John

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Originally, the EM bus playset was to have come with Janice. But playset sales dipped after the first two and series lineups jostled to make room for the realignment of who was in and who was out.

Convincing John

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well... Originally, the EM bus playset was to have come with Janice. But playset sales dipped after the first two and series lineups jostled to make room for the realignment of who was in and who was out.
That's right...Janice was supposed to come with the bus, not Zoot. (Forgetful Jones impression) "Oh, er, I fer-got! Duh huh huh huh huh!":embarrassed:

Good thing they DID make Janice when they did, eh?:flirt: Palisades did an excellent job with her.

Convincing John

MWoO

Reaction score
Actually there are a few problems with Janice that would have been corrected by the EM minis. Sadly we never got that. The figure's eyes tilt the opposite way and it walys bugged me since it was such a simple thing to fix.

beaker

Reaction score
DTWolf said:
First, I despise unarticulated "action" figures (not that that applies to Palisades Muppets; I'm just griping).
Second, I prefer smaller figures to the size most figures are now. Give me 10cm/4in figures any day over these big hulking Marvel Legends/Spawn/DC Direct-type things.
Third . . . there's the Muppets.

I have several of those Fisher-Price figures from the late seventies; the sculpts weren't always so good, but the scale was around what I'd like. It's the size I was HOPING for when I first heard about Palisades making Muppets. Alas, they made them in the bigger size, and so I bought them bigger.

If they're a smaller size, the size I prefer, would that be enough to make me replicate my collections of larger-scale Muppets? I don't know. . . .
Right on! Again, for anyone who remembers the Fisher Price 1978 line(which to me still looks darn good) or the 2003 Jack and the Box Muppet Show figure line, that is exactly my dreamline of figures to see someday. Kind of like if the Palisades minis were posable. In this scenario, you could have so many possibilities, and more space.

I remember in the 90's when action figures started to move to the "Mcfarlane Standard", ie" details to the point of grotesqueness...it really didnt interest me. Not saying I want figures to have that bad 70's Star Wars figure or
GI Joe look, but I think ya can get away with a good amount of detail in smaller figures as well, and save a lot of space and money.

MWoO said:
So you would rather cheap looking pieces of junk instead of highly detailed and fairly well articulated figures?

The Palsiades stuff was far from statue like. Yes some of the series 1 and 2 stuff wasn't super poseable, but series 3 had all kinds of articulation added and it stayed from there. Even series 2 had a nicely poseable Floyd. And really the only figures that didn't havem uch articulation were the ones whose style just didn't allow it. Figures like Kermit where too thin and Fozzie a little too thick. And still you could get good poses out of them.
Would you consider modern Star Wars figures cheap junk? The fact they are able to have so many figures of virtually every character is amazing. I have very little doubt people would be complaining if we started to see similair treatment given to muppet figures: 3.5-4" figures spanning a wide swath of characters. When I say statues, I do not mean lack of articulation. I mean, having to have crazy post Mcfarlane detail.
I just never was a big fan of large figures, I prefer small figures. Maybe Im too much of an 80's kid?

Engineernerd

Reaction score
Child of the 80's here as well. Does anyone know a site with (good) pictures of the FP figs? I had Fozzie and Kermit and remember those goofy stick they came with to pose them. The girl that lived next door's father built her a stage with a slot that you pass the stick through for them.