Where do they keep the real Muppet puppets?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

I was just wondering since Muppets and bear are at Disney, Sesame Street are at Sesame Workshop... where do they keep the REAL Muppet Puppets? are they at Disney and Sesame Workshop or all at henson still? :confused:

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
sorry, I dont really know
They have probably been moved to Disney.
Dont have a clue! :confused:

christyb

Reaction score
In a warehouse somewhere in the world.
(sorry I couldn't resist being sarcastic :rolleyes: )
Seriously though nice question.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
The Muppets are puppets?? What's next, you're going to tell me Santa Claus isn't real? :smile:

I don't know what they do with them, but I hope they are well taken care of. Precious cargo those are.

christyb

Reaction score
You know what..Now that I think about it I wouldn't mind having one. I know it's an impossibility but hey I can dream right??

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
It would be soooo cool to have a real muppet puppet, instead of the crappy animal and kermit ones they are selling! :crazy:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Now if you were to just tell us where they realy are, we could go raid. i'll bring the paper towls. Beeber can bring the warrior cows.

Beebers

Reaction score
They're in the mood for a good rumble, let's go!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The deal with Disney and Sesame Workshop encludes the rights to the characters and productions but the actual puppets are still provided by the Jim Henson Creature Shop and Muppet Workshop. Henson still builds the puppets for Sesame; and Disney does not have a workshop creating the Muppets they use the same guys who have been doing it since day one, Henson. The Puppets in Wizard of Oz all were created and came from the folks at Henson.

The deal with Disney includes production and consulting agreements under which Henson will work with develop potential new programming featuring the Muppets for Disney. It also states that the physical Muppets used for productions would be created and maintained by the Henson shops. I would guess they are stored where they have always been. The Sesame Muppets are there too, except those kept on the set of the show (but they usally come back for tune ups and work during down times and are rotated around).

The deals have not caused the puppets to be taken from the performers nor the creators of the puppets. (Disney and Sesame may have a Kermit or Elmo stashed away on their property for easy access and for their use for promotion and events, but for the most part, the Muppets are where they always were.

Disney is still working with Henson to create, use, manage, perform, and produce The Muppets. This could change if Disney wants them seperated more, but right now having them where they are is the best for both parties (financially and physically). And it looks like Disney has no desire to take them away and on their own. Dr. Teeth, Bunson, Kermit, Crazy Harry, Rowlf, and all the others were not boxed up and shipped to a new location after the deal for new people to maintain, create, and work on. They are where they always were; just like the Sesame characters. Unless Disney or Sesame sets up a puppet workshop to maintain, build, and create their puppets; and they work out a deal with Henson, it looks like Henson will still be where the puppets are found when not working.

The Jim Henson Company still provides the characters used on Sesame Street and in the Muppet productions, but those characters, shows, and productions themselves are actually owned, run, and created by Sesame Workshop and The Muppet Holding Company.