What's your favorite letter segment?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Except the bear tapping the beehive one:
1,2..3,4,5 watch the bees go in their hive (tah teh tihtihtihtihtihtihtih, tah teh tihtihtihtihtihtihtih - bear tapping the hive sound effect).
6,7..8,9,10 here they all come out again! (bees chase him)
1,2..3,4,5 what I'd better do is dive! (he dives but bees still sting him)
6,7..8,9,10 I will never mess with bees again.
I mentioned this a few months back and don't think I have ever seen anyone else bring it up at the forum. It's a classic, probably from 1969 or 1970. I saw it a number of times through the early 70's and always enjoyed the music, sound effects, and somewhat slow pace of the animated segment. Any fellow SS dinosaurs recollect it?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
yeah. it was certain funny. it's like he was drumming on the be hive. it seems to be a thing in our society to mess with danger and hear's a good example of that.

bigbird

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I remember that G cartoon too. Here's what the glue coated boy gathered. A woman's glove, a gate, a guy's guitar, a goose, a gorilla, and the grandfather squirted him clean making him grateful.
What I liked about this skit is when the kid took the guitar, the guy who playing it was still moving his arms as if he still was still strumming it even though the kid had already taken it.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Remember a short one with the word Quiet where the letters u,i,e and t were all talking and laughing boisterously and then the capital Q shouts, "Quiet!" and they all get still and silent? I'm not sure, but maybe the Q was supposed to have been sleeping? And maybe they gave it some eyes or eyebrows to add to that effect? It was animated, so this is one of those segments that could go either in this favorite letter segment or the favortie cartoon segment. :smile:

missHEFFIE

Reaction score
I like the H skits cause my name is HEATHER and as a little girl i thought it was special like OH an H skit yay. i can't remember any in particular :frown:

Rosewood

Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned this one yet?

Heres one I don't think I have heard mentioned yet:

The "Beep Beep" I song(it seems to be written for the lower-case i)

(A man in a tiny car that goes "Beep Beep!" now and then comes down a road to guitar music, then a voice starts to sing:smile:

"Some of the word that begin with "i", they get to be quite tricky,
like "intersection", and "illegal", "irritate" and "ickey"!"
(Guitar music, "Beep Beep!", guitar music, "Beep Beep!")
"Many words that begin with "i" are longer than "itchy" and "into",
There's "impossible!", "incredible!", and "important", too!
The letter i is quite a pip, I think I'll take him on my trip,
We"ll have some fun and do a flip! Into my car, away we'll zip!
I'm glad to be with the letter i, cause' he's so "irresiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiistable!"
(music, "Beep Beep!", music, "Beep Beep!") :stick_out_tongue:

Larcen Tyler

Reaction score
The Consonant Sound thing with 'cat' has a special place in my heart. I remember it going like this:

"Black cat!"
(Shows a black cat grinning on an orange background)

"White cat!"
(White cat grinning on black background)

"Orange marmalade cat!"
(Orange cat on orange background with stripes)

"Mouse cat!"
(Mouse runs by)

"Bird cat!"
(Bird flies by)

"Chasing ball of string cat!"
(Cat gets tangled up in string)

When I had first seen that at age four, I thought an orange marmalade cat was rare or something. Shortly after that, though, I got my first pet, an orange marmalade cat whom I named (ironically enough) Ernie!

ISNorden

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Remember a short one with the word Quiet where the letters u,i,e and t were all talking and laughing boisterously and then the capital Q shouts, "Quiet!" and they all get still and silent? I'm not sure, but maybe the Q was supposed to have been sleeping? And maybe they gave it some eyes or eyebrows to add to that effect?
That Q did have animated eyes, complete with lashes when they closed; I too got the impression that it was trying to sleep and being disturbed by the other letters.