What's your favorite letter segment?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Not sure if this one has ever been brought up. There was an animated one with a man and a gorilla. The gorilla was mentioning a lot of words that begin with the letter g ( I think he was writing them down as he said them, and perhaps on a chalkboard). Girl and gum were two of the words he thought of. After gum, he says, "And um um..." Then the man says, "Gorilla." The gorilla is scared and jumps into his arms saying, "Where?!" The guy frowns and says, "Right here. You're a gorilla." The gorilla says, "I am?" and starts to leave. The man asks, "Where are you going?" I think the reply of the gorilla, which was also the close of the sketch, was, "If I'm a gorilla I'd better go to the jungle and eat bananas."

Ziffel

Reaction score
There were some catchy d segments. A popular one I've seen people mention a lot as their favorite is the "d d d d Daddy dear oh Daddy sweet..."
Also with the Cookie Monster and Ernie song "d dd ddddd don't throw dishes down on the floor. do a dance. dig some dirt. and dunk a donut for dessert..." The Cookie Monster was trying frantically to keep up with Ernie by acting it all out and at the end falls from exhaustion. And then I mentioned one before where the narrator describes all the different d words like occupations (detective, ditch digger, doctor, daddy, etc.).
Two more d ones I don't think have been referred to are:

(1) A little cartoon man is holding a dart and flying through the air with it. He says, "D. dart." I think the dart ends up hitting a target or something and the guy, in a little bit of a flustered voice says, "Deeeee!"

(2) Another cartoon with two guys going up an elevator and on each floor there are different d things (like ducks and drums). When they get to the top they get off the elevator and a guy says, "Well here we are." Then the other guy says, "Say there's one word you forgot about that starts with d." Then in a troubled voice he says, "Down!" as the two are stuck on top. I think it might have been a big letter D they were stuck on top of, although it may have been a building. Does anyone recall this one?

superfan

Reaction score
Ziffel, was the guy with the dart collecting "D" items as he went along?

Ziffel

Reaction score
I don't think so, I think he was just holding on to the dart but I can't recall too much else of what happened other than what I mentioned. I can't remember if he hit a dartboard at the end or if it was a big letter D.
And I'm not sure either why j is for jump thinks the dart one would not be acceptable today. It seemed liked nothing bad really happens. Maybe he means the idea of a dart and little kids not supposed to be playing with darts. But this was an adult in the cartoon.
I can recall the rather odd music in this one. Funny how the audio of the old skits tends to stick in my mind more vividly than the video sometimes.

SesameMike

Reaction score
I seem to recall the guy was holding on to the dart as it flew through the air. As a jazz riff played in the background, they passed several D's and some other objects (I thought they were just wooden beams, but someone said they were actualy dart boards). A couple of D's also flashed in tuned with the music.
At the end, the dart hit the bullseye on a dart board and sort of exploded -- all this with the man still holding it.

I also remember the "D Building", which purported to have everything in the world that begins with D. Two men were riding up on a steel beam acting as an elevator. Among the levels, they passed the dog floor ("Listen to them bark!"), the diamond floor ("Aren't they beautiful"), and "Now hold your ears, because this is the drum floor", which was a room full of snare drums playing -- with nobody playing them, the sticks were self-powered. I think there were two dinosaurs on the second to the top floor.

superfan

Reaction score
Okey doke. Just curious. I guess it would kinda make sense that he'd strike the dartboard at the end though.
10~Q!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
I seem to recall the guy was holding on to the dart as it flew through the air. As a jazz riff played in the background, they passed several D's and some other objects (I thought they were just wooden beams, but someone said they were actualy dart boards). A couple of D's also flashed in tuned with the music.
At the end, the dart hit the bullseye on a dart board and sort of exploded -- all this with the man still holding it.

I also remember the "D Building", which purported to have everything in the world that begins with D. Two men were riding up on a steel beam acting as an elevator. Among the levels, they passed the dog floor ("Listen to them bark!"), the diamond floor ("Aren't they beautiful"), and "Now hold your ears, because this is the drum floor", which was a room full of snare drums playing -- with nobody playing them, the sticks were self-powered. I think there were two dinosaurs on the second to the top floor.
actually they were riding on a d. it was supposed to be a lower case d but it looked like an upside down capital P and while both of those letter look like a lowercase d when they're upside down this d didn't have that small line at the bottom of it.