Whatever happened to the honkers?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The Honkers were one of my favorite characters, as one of my favorite songs was "Honk Around the Clock". It's a shame they play no major part, but one season 39 episode had a brief scene were one in Hooper's hung a spoon from his nose. It was hilarious!

Kiki

Reaction score
I forgot about the Honkers! :embarrassed:

*gasp*... AND the Dingers! :eek:

They were around in... the 80s and 90s, right? (I have an old Honker toy from early 80s :wink:) I remember they were on the 'Big Bird's Favourite Party Games' video, but I have not seen them since.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Exactly! I could be wrong but I wonder if it's thought that the Honkers don't quite fit with the newer style of the show. Weird random things aren't as commonplace in general.
Nah, you still see Honkers from time to time. I'd say if anything, maybe making the Honker puppets is getting too pricey, and all the older ones are starting to get grungy or falling apart. These things are mundo expensive to make, and they're the Simple ones. Reason why we don't see Bruno the trashman is that the puppet deteriorated fiercely, and the price of making a new Bruno was too astronomical.

I still think SS has that randomness, and something says they want to get back at it as soon as they are able....

But I see Honkers and Dingers still. Why, a couple years ago they made a green Dinger.

Kiki

Reaction score
They appeared on a Count sketch just the other day! :excited: (It was a repeat, but... XP)