Whatever happened to the honkers?

Redsonga

Reaction score
It is a bit random, but I just realized how much I miss them...and how much they just were SST to me..just silly for silly's sake...and how they just have seemed to..go away without a word....
*sad ranting sigh*:sympathy:

SSLFan

Reaction score
The honkers are still around. They pop up occasionally every now and then. And they are still featured in the Sesame Street Live tours. But yeah, they aren't seen as much as they used to be.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't count SST Live because I have never and will never be able to see it, I mostly just mean the show. It use to be you could never have a crowd scene without at least one honker (of course, it use to be all the children and muppets interacted more to)

Clean Glutch

Reaction score
Really? THe honk was a post-production sound effect? I always thought it was happening right there since they had the horns coming out of their heads. I thought the noise was coming out of there when they squeezed their noses.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Really? THe honk was a post-production sound effect? I always thought it was happening right there since they had the horns coming out of their heads. I thought the noise was coming out of there when they squeezed their noses.
I always thought so to :sympathy:. At least some of the toy honkers had working noses...I don't think it would be hard to make a puppet with a honking nose now:excited:.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I always thought so to :sympathy:. At least some of the toy honkers had working noses...I don't think it would be hard to make a puppet with a honking nose now:excited:.
Yeah but maybe the sound they'd make live on set wasn't as loud and clear as a pre-recorded sound would be.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
They are still on the show! You can see them occasionally working at Hooper's. I just saw one from a season forty episode just Friday.

Redsonga

Reaction score
They are still on the show! You can see them occasionally working at Hooper's. I just saw one from a season forty episode just Friday.
Hmmm..well I haven't seen one in forever:cry:..

I just wish they're apprentices were more common place like they use to be...and not as ...yeti like :smile:*lol*

"I saw a honker! No really, you could see his nose... and Hooper's store ...echoed... with an eerie honk...."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just wish they're apprentices were more common place like they use to be...and not as ...yeti like :smile:*lol*
Exactly! I could be wrong but I wonder if it's thought that the Honkers don't quite fit with the newer style of the show. Weird random things aren't as commonplace in general.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Exactly! I could be wrong but I wonder if it's thought that the Honkers don't quite fit with the newer style of the show. Weird random things aren't as commonplace in general.
And yet, fairies are sooo logical -.- Seesh:coy: If there can be magic there can be honks!:excited: