What made you think today?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Likewise, when you're born, there's paperwork involved to identify who you are. When you die, your relatives essentially have to sell the clothes on their back to bury you.
Your's was more depressing than mine, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Times like that where you wish immortality was reality.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So, I've had a few old grammar school classmates Friend me on Facebook. I was a little surprised since a lot of them were bullies back in the day, lol, but if they're willing to move on, so am I. But now that it's September, they're all posting pictures of their children going to school for the first time. And the evil part of me feels like commenting, "Well, I hope they're nicer than you were!" Lol :halo:

It is kind of weird, I mean, their kids will probably never know how nasty their parents were as children. Makes you think...

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Bullying is a regrettable fact of life, but hopefully people outgrow. I was bullied to death in grades 3-5, by kids a year or two older than me. Thankfully, years later, I've run into a number of these guys, and many of them have apologized for picking on me when we were younger. That's nice.

A couple bullies have been bullied themselves, and they keep the vicious cycle going. It can be tempting, to see these people years later, and wanting to punch their lights out for what they did to you or me. But that doesn't satisfy anything or bring any closure. If they move on with you, you're both okay. if you move on and leave the past in the past, and they don't, too bad for them. You're better off.

A lot of us will bear the scars of childhood bullying. But at some point you need to leave it in the past, so you can start healing. Otherwise, you spend your whole life being angry, bitter, resentful, afraid, questioning your self-worth, and all that can do a number on you.

I'm proud for you that you have a measure of peace.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of bullying, I've been seeing a lot of bully stories in the news as of late. Just yesterday, I read about a twelve-year-old cancer patient who always drew cruel stares from other kids because she was bald, frail, and sickley-looking, but on a positive note, one other girl reached out to her and they eventually became the best of friends - virtually inseparable, even when she had to be hospitalized. Finally, a few months later, the girl sadly succumbed to her cancer, but her mom gave her friend a box she had found to give her, and it was full of pictures of the two of them, some personal belongings, and a note thanking her for her friendship, and letting her know she'll still be with her in spirit.

Then today, I read an even harsher story about bullying: a deaf high school student discovered that all of his belongings (backpack, tablet, homework, supplies, etc.) turned up missing, and a check of the school surveillence turned up a pair of bullies had stolen his belongings and crammed them in the toilet. The guy was so heartbroken and disgusted that his parents pulled him out of school and are transfering him somewhere else where there's more acceptance for disabled students; meanwhile, the previous school says they're merely "investigating" the incident, but from what I understand, the two bullies have yet to face consequences for their actions.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If they move on with you, you're both okay. if you move on and leave the past in the past, and they don't, too bad for them. You're better off.
Well, it's complicated. One of them was my best friend in Second grade. But she dumped me for the class bully and said to me, "Say goodbye to your best friend!" (And no, never apologized. I suspect she's blocked it entirely.) Now, years later, she's happily talking about her daughter having her first "best friend." Oblivious is too kind a word, lol.

Only one of them ever apologized. The rest, I guess they think if they're nice to me now, that makes up for it without saying anything. ::shrugs:: Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm proud for you that you have a measure of peace.
When things are going well in my current life, yes. When things are not, I do look back to those school days and think my life would be better now if I'd had a supportive group of friends early on.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It's more disgusting when school authorities know something is wrong, and try to cover it up.
About 25 years ago, four high school football players raped and molested a handicapped girl, and never even got a slap on the wrist. They were part of a team that was having an undefeated season, and it would "break their spirit" if they got benched. Imagine what a scandal like that could do to their future. It might keep them from making it to the NFL (and abusing women THERE!!), scholarships, endorsements, what a tragedy to deny them.
So the authorities shrugged, "Boys will be boys" and let the matter pass. If that doesn't make you want to puke in your soup, I don't know what will.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's more disgusting when school authorities know something is wrong, and try to cover it up.
About 25 years ago, four high school football players raped and molested a handicapped girl, and never even got a slap on the wrist. They were part of a team that was having an undefeated season, and it would "break their spirit" if they got benched. Imagine what a scandal like that could do to their future. It might keep them from making it to the NFL (and abusing women THERE!!), scholarships, endorsements, what a tragedy to deny them.
So the authorities shrugged, "Boys will be boys" and let the matter pass. If that doesn't make you want to puke in your soup, I don't know what will.
Well, heh, that's way beyond bullying, that's an out and out crime!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
the previous school says they're merely "investigating" the incident, but from what I understand, the two bullies have yet to face consequences for their actions.
Well, recently a friend of mine was complaining that her child was being bullied, and was very shocked that said bully's parents were just making excuses. Of course, I was all ready to sympathize with my friend...until I heard more of the story. My friend went on to mention that her child had ALSO been accused of bullying. And what did my friend start to do? Make excuses. It was all a lie! Not my kid! The other kid must have made it up! Lol. :coy:

That's why bullying doesn't stop, no parent wants to face that they've raised their child to be a bully.