1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What are your stories?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Cap Backfire, Jan 10, 2004.

1. ZootyCutie

ZootyCutie Member

I forgot to add this in my original one, but I have a mild case of Asberger's Syndrome.
  2. Boppity

Boppity Member

Hiya! ^_^ This could be long, I love random facts o_o
    -My nickname is Bunny.
    -I'm 17, a senior in an arts high school~
    -I live in TN. Not exciting.
    -I don't remember exactly what brought me to the site...I think it was...um...oh! The fanfiction! I was looking for Muppets fanfiction and it brought me to the archives!
    -I've recently rediscovered my love for the Muppets.
    -My favorites would have to be Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Janice, Zoot, Boppity of course, Sam, and other randoms that I'm too lazy to list...
    -My least favorite? Hm...the rats at times, Pepe at times, Bobo...I've noticed that I just don't like many of the newer ones. No idea why.
    -I have an odd love for glitter.
    -And colors.
    -And.
    -I pride myself at saying random things! :D
    -I love sewing (clothes and plushies), writing, drawing/painting, making movies, playing really old games, looking for behind-the-scenes things, listening to music reeealy closely, daydreaming, making people happy.
    -I love to learn!
    -I'm rully optomistic. ^__^
    -My favorite music artists at the moment are Kozi, Tommy February6, capsule, Malice Mizer, Kana, The Candy Spooky Theater...to name a few.
    -I have a really (not really) huge Electric Mayhem backstory fic that I'm writing and I hope to put up soon! As well as some fanart and a few other random fics.
    -I wanna write more here but I can't think of anything.
    -I've written too much here.:(
  3. Gold Demona

Gold Demona Active Member

What brought me here: My love for Muppets. What else? =)

Anything else:
    I love to draw. I love to write. As a little girl, I wanted to be a muppeteer. Not sure where the ambition for that went to, but my love for the muppets never wavered, particularly my love of Fraggle Rock.
    I currently own the first three seasons of Fraggle Rock on DVD and eagerly await the final season, the movie, and possibly the animated series.
    I am currently in the process of writing a Fraggle fanfic titled "The Fraggle From Outer Space". Not sure if I'll ever post it on here, but I am writing it.

Oops, now I've written an eyefull. Pardon me. ;P
  4. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

That's okay, we like people who have a lot to say!
    :D Of course we are all muppet fans here, and most of us are fraggle fans, but I'm
    :excited: that there's someone here who's as extatic about Fraggle Rock as I am, yaaay!
    :smirk:
  5. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

I probably should have made a better intorduction sooner but I'll do it now. ;)

~Name: Ailie (I-LEE. I'm used to people getting it wrong. =P)
    ~Age: 16 (almost finished with my sophmore year)
    ~Location: Bates Mot--New England. XD
    ~How I found this site: Well, I LOVE the muppets. How did I not find this site? <3
    ~Occupation: Student/Musician/Artist/Writer/Freak
    ~Favorite Muppets: Animal (<3333333. Long story short: He was my first crush as a little kid. XD), The Electric Mayhem (I kinda...ship...Dr. Teeth and Zoot. Is that weird? =P), Gonzo (I can relate with him in many ways), Crazy Harry (XD I <3 the insane), Robin (*huggles* He's wicked cute and sweet but not to the point where you want to throw him across the room like I would with Bean), and Chamberlain. (XP)
    ~Least Favorite Muppets: Um, nobody really besides Elmo. Although Pepe can be kind of lame sometimes.
    ~Status: I'm bisexual and I have a wonderful girlfriend named Julia or Jules as a nickname. She has been my best friend for nearly four years. I can always depend on her and seek her advice on absolutely anything and she is my Animal and my world. <3
    Favorite Music: Classic rock and a bit of ska and electronica as well. My favorite bands are The Who and No Doubt.
    Favorite Movies: Anything Muppet/Musical/Don Bluth/Cult/Horror (20's to late 90's)
    ~Favorite TV Shows: Tales from the Crypt, Scrubs, Family Guy, South Park, The Simpsons, Seinfeld, The Brak Show, Animaniacs, The Muppet Show/Muppets Tonight.
    Favorite Class: English, Band, and Theatre.
    Least Favorite Class: Math
    Favorite Color: Red
    Heroes: All of the Muppeteers, Keith Moon, Roger Daltrey, Brian De Palma, Stephen King, J.K. Rowling, Matt Groening, Goldie Hawn, Tim Curry, Richard O'Brien, John Cameron Mitchell, Gwen Stefani, David Bowie, and John Lennon.
  6. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Rabbit, I love your bio! And it was nice of you to share it. :)

I just realised that I have been a member for over 3 years now and I haven't posted my story in this thread! Which is a shame, I'm sure. (And Rabbit, you thought your delay was bad!) It's not the most interesting one but here goes!

On MC I go by Pepper, Peps, Peppi, Vanilla Pepsi, or whatever else you want to call me, but NOT MrsP! It makes me sound much older than I am. :p However if you do call me that I will not get bad at you! So please don't be scared. :p

I'm from central Canada and I love my country, and I'm never shy to blab about it to anyone who will listen! (I'm sure many of you know this firsthand... Sorry you guys!)

I'm a musicky, artsy, crazy, loudsy, funsy, and at the current moment very tiredsy person! And I love to share that with all the other wacky personalities here.

I joined MC three years ago, back when I was young and innocent, back before I knew what muffining was... before even the invention of Ziffels! I've stuck around so long because everyone on the forum is just fantastic. I have learned so much about the craft of puppetry by lurking and reading the posts in the Puppetry section and seeing all of your amazing building and performing talents. I've tried to stay as far away from the terrifying fanfic section as possible, but I've been close enough to know how many talented writers choose to share their talents here. But mostly I know that even though that there will always be differing opinions on the boards, when it comes down to it, we are all muppet fans and share the same passion and (sometimes unexpectedly obsessive) fandom and I think it's great that we have such a positive community in which to celebrate this.
  7. stacy

stacy New Member

i'm 35, an Arkansas native Ozark dweller, songwriting, lanuguage lovin, artsy fartsy, farmer hearty, post-grad. hi.
    :super:
  8. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

Well I've been a fan of The Muppets pretty much my whole life. It started with a baby Fozzie bathtub doll, then there was watching Sesame Street and The Muppet Show, followed by renting videos of Muppet movies and such, looking for dolls of my favorite Muppets and the rest is history of most other Muppet fans. Now here I am with my own belief in the goodness of people, optimism and my own Puppet Troupe!
  9. Good Monster

Good Monster New Member

Introduction

I’m 32, been married to my husband for 11 years. We have 3 kids, ages 9, 6 and 4. I’m FINALLY returning to school to be a history major. I live in Sicily.

I love to write, sketch, do all kinds of crafts, sew, gardening, explore just about anywhere…I love history, building things, taking things apart…I love to ride my motorcycle and am lucky enough to find a riding group full of excellent people to explore the island with…I like learning new things and seeing new places.

I like the Muppets (well, duh! ), playing with legos, catching toads (and letting them go, of course!:halo:) and seeing the world through the eyes of my kids. Love the theatre, worked backstage way back in high school and never shook the desire to do it again.

My youngest starts pre-school next year which means I’ll return to work soon, after about 6 years as a house wife…so I am afraid of doing that…but also excited at the prospect of new opportunities. :o

So far this forum seems like a really great place to be, so many people have similar interests and are quite friendly...And the muppet smileys are great!:)
  10. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Good luck with returning back to the work world!:)

I really love building things and taking them apart also!:)
  11. Good Monster

Good Monster New Member

Thank you! Now all I have to do is figure out what I want to be when I grow up, LOL! (like growing up will ever happen!)
  12. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I know what you mean about deciding. It seems like it can take longer than you think it should, somtimes.:p
  13. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Hey everyone I'm JJ and I'll do a quick mini-bio, some random things I guess.

I'm 23 and about to go back to school where I'll be studying theater arts and probably music. I've been into music since I was 14, as I play the guitar and piano as my top two, but I also do hermonica and a little banjo, plus I want to buy a set of congas.

I'm also into writing stories and screen writing. A lot of my stories do have a need for puppetry which is also something I'm very interested in, cause of course Jim Henson is a huge part of my life. I also love making my friends laugh which I've been told many times that I'm really good at, so really I'm just someone who loves to entertain people.

Another hobby of mine is collecting which I tend to collect a lot of Muppet stuff to the point that people are amazed whenever they walk into my room. I plan on taking pictures of my collection as it is now. I also collect Nightmare Before Christmas and kinda starting a collection of Disney pins, just cause I thought it might be fun.

Some of my favorite tv shows are Simpsons, South Park and of course anything Muppets. I'm also a huge Batman fan and collect comics mostly of Batman.

I love a ton of movies and music.

I've been told that I have a nice smile and I've been told a few times I'm pretty good looking. Right now though I'm trying to lose weight, which is a little hard for me.

When I consider someone a friend there is almost nothing I won't do for them.

Right now I'm single and going though this kind of hard thing cause I like someone but it's hard to tell if they feel the same, cause in some ways it seems like she is somewhat playing a game. There are times when she does or says something that makes me feel really good, but maybe I'm getting a little personal, it's a little tough for me when it comes to this though.

Well I guess that's enough about me, all I can really say is that I have some big dreams, but I do believe that I'm going places and really I just want to do somethings that will make people think, well I don't know, that I'm worth wild.
  14. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

Well JJ,

Take it from a theatre guy who's been there; just be a friend and if she's interested in becoming something, she'll come to you. And if you don't feel like waiting, just tell her how you feel and no matter what her response is, you can take pride in knowing that you got a answer to the question you were asking yourself. Ya see what I'm sayin'?
  15. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Aw JJandJanice! You are worthwhile!
  16. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Yeah I see what you're saying, and it's totally true. It's just somewhat tough but you're right.

Thanks Ilikemuppets
  17. puppets_etc

puppets_etc Member

It's been a while....

Hi everyone. I just realized it's literally been years since I posted last.:o

I finally finished school, I am offically a Graphic Designer (notice the caps...) and working in the field at a job I really love. My three girls are not so much girls anymore as two legal adults and one teenager. I'm also a grandma (makes me sound so much older when I say it out loud). My husband is in Iraq on a civilian contract for the rest of the year. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers please.:flirt:

I've also picked up a new past time: riding my Harley Davidson. I also managed to find some images online of many of the muppets on bikes. Sweet! (check out the new avatar)

Anyway, just wanted to say hello since it's been so long. Anxiously awaiting the release next week of Season 3, and also just started downloading Farscape from iTunes. I also shamelessly admit to getting my neighber at work hooked on the show;).

Hugs to all,

Deb
    Zoot Fan 1981 likes this.
  18. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Geart! Welcome back!
  19. Crazy31088

Crazy31088 Member

I've been a poster here off and on since about 2003, I think-I don't post nearly as much as I used to, though I probably should, because the Muppets are often on my mind.

I'm 20 years old, and I've been an admirer of the work of Jim Henson and his associates for as long as I can remember (even though I didn't watch Sesame Street much as a little kid because I was terrified of Placido Flamingo-I made up for it in later years).

What else? Hmm...My main hobby is video tape collecting (which has become sort of a retro interest ever since DVD pretty much took over), on all three main formats of VCR-VHS, Betamax, and 8mm. I just today made a post in the thread about what makes me frown today...what makes me *smile* today is my family, the support of my friends (who I have put through so much), Mountain Dew, and the wall of videotapes that stand alongside my computer, which I just this week finished labeling (it took me six months, but it was well worth it). Other hobbies include studying local history (especially back in Cincinnati, where I grew up), music (playing and listening to), making films, and amusement parks. Unfortunately, I'm also a person with many demons that makes it hard for me to appreciate how beautiful life can be. I like to look back on my past and take on different perspectives of what has happened so I can accept those events and let them go.

My favorite muppet is Grover, and don't have a least favorite-I find something to love in almost all of them (even Placido Flamingo who, while hilarious, still gives me the creeps after so many years).
  20. Yva Minstrel

Yva Minstrel New Member

Hi everyone,

It's ncie to meet up with you, and to know that I'm not the oldest muppet fan here. :halo: But I could be consider a bit nutty. Most of my online contacts call me Yva.

What brought me here: My browser, I did a google search for Muppets because I was looking for some pictures, and found nothing, but I did find this forum. So, I stopped looking for pictures and started hanging out here. Now I've been here half a day, I love it, and feel quite at home here.

Did I mention that I love it? Probably.

I absolutely love Fraggle Rock! :coy: I am also a huge Chris de Burgh and Gene Wilder fan.

Anything else: I am originally from the US, but moved to Germany almost 13 years ago to live. My husband of 13 years is a German citizen and I am not affiliated with the military (I get asked that a lot). I am bilingual, with English and German. I make and collect teddy bears, sing in a choir, and write. The avatar I use is my first hand sewn bear. His name is Kalle and he holds a special place in my heart.

I guess that's it. I guess I'll share more as we go along. :insatiable: