What are your stories?

FragglettesMom

Reaction score
Fragglettes' health

My daughter Sarah "Feagglette" is in the ICU on a ventilator in very serious condition. Please pray for her. Thank You

christyb

Reaction score
I'm terribly sorry about that. Keep us posted. And I will pray.

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
about me

I'm 15 (will be 16 in a little less than 3 weeks)
I found this forum through a search engine
I grew up watching Sesame Street in the 90's but have just recently learned to appreciate it as being appealing to all ages after years of deeming it "little kid" material. When I was about 3 years old, I watched an episode containing "The Word is No" which made it uneasy for me to watch Sesame Street from then on, but eventually I got over it. and darn I'm happy I did.

Aside from all that, I'm a sophomore in high school, I play piano (a little), guitar, flute, and saxophone, I am the lead singer/guitarist of an acoustic folk rock band, I act in plays, and I enjoy doing art/desiging websites and graphics/surfing the net.

~Dana~

Bootsy

Reaction score
Muppets are cool!

HI I am 21 I come from the land from downunder. I love the muppets my favorite character would have to be Animal and Kermit.

Vibs

Reaction score
Hi!!

I'm 16! :smile:

What brought me to this forum? Well... This is my story:

Once apon a Christmas (2004), Danish TV began airing the fraggles after a 10 years long break but sadly they stopped again too quick. Never the less Vibs got hooked on fraggle Rock and joined Fragglerocker.com! Vibs loved the forum and got to know lots of nice people (Among others Christyb!) and somehow Christyb managed to get Vibs hooked on the muppets too.
Then Danish TV began airing The Muppet Show and there was no way back -Vibs would never be the same, and now she's here, typing in the MuppetCentral forum, having an exam in 2 hours...

2 hours?? ARHHH! Gotta go...

...And she lived happily ever after! (Or she may not survive the exam!)

Animal

Reaction score
Hi Vibs!

YEAH...another Dane!!!! Welcome to our family!!!

I hope you passed your exam.

See YA!

:halo: :halo: :halo:

Vibs

Reaction score
ANIMAL!! Oh boy oh boy du er dansker!! (Um, you are a dane!)... Well that's wonderful!! yay! I gotta go back and read all about you! :smile:

*edited* Okay I couldn't find you... hm?

Animal

Reaction score
No....I haven´t told MY story about what brought me to this forum, which actually goes back to the early beginnings in 1998. What can I say??? Been a fan of the Muppets all my life. I can still remember watching the 5th season of The Muppet Show on Danish TV back in the early 80´s!!!
Those were the days!!!
Then In 1996 I "discovered" the internet, and finally in 1998 Muppet Central started, and I´ve been here ever since!!!

Hope this helps...a bit?

-Hans :halo: :halo: :halo:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
realized I never told my story. Let me preface it with this: I have no idea when I first heard of the muppets, but I have always liked them... at least, that I can remember...

So, my story.

Well it started when I was a baby. I'm the youngest, and my mom babysat, so of course my family was watching sesame street long before I came along. So one day, sesame street comes on, and I'm in front of the tv. I love it. but then the first segment ended and it jumped to some other segment, and I thought the whole show was over. So I started crying. I didn't watch sesame street very much after that. Please note, I have no recollection of this ever happening and I'm basing it entirely off of what my mom has told me.

fast-forward to I'm not exactly sure when. I'm in my parents' friends' basement, and they're about to watch MTI. I watch it. I love it. the next night, at another family-friends' house, I watch it again. before I know it, I not only own it, but I have it memorized.

fast forward to begining of freshman year. Not sure how, but it came up in conversation that my friend's dad could do a great impression of kermit singing "rainbow connection" and she started singing it. I had only heard it once before that. but I loved it! And by the end of the month, I had looked up the lyrics and memorized it, along with a few other classic kermit songs.

end of freshman year. at a friend's sweet sixteen party, we watch TMM. just about everybody talks through it, and wonders how I have all the songs memorized if I've never seen it. (so depressing.)

beginning of sophmore year. another friend of mine, who used to be obsessed with muppets, refers me to muppet central. I'm reluctant to click the link, because the last muppet-link she gave me did some weirrrrrrd things to my computer.

mid-sophmore year. I get hooked on muppet central and start reading the forum. and I think- "these people are weirrrrrd. I love it!" I start getting more and more muppet movies, and I give a speech on jim henson for school.

a few weeks ago. I give in and join muppet central. before I know it I've gone from Junior member to member.

two weeks ago. I FINALLY see TMS for the first time. All eighten episodes that my friend owns on dvd. I feel so much better.

And that brings us to now, me typing insanely, continuing to ignore homework, hunger, and various biological needs for the sake of posting here and listening to MC radio. And that's my story!

hmm... you know, maybe I didn't need to be this thorough... well, what the hey.

Lynnette

Reaction score
B-a-n-a-n-a-s

mupvisiongirl said:
My colleges mascot was the mighty banana slug
By chance, I keep encountering Gwen Stefani singing "Hollaback Girl". The song's pretty silly but it's catchy and sticks in your head. So, as you may know, she's acting like this cheerleader and, in one line (repeatedly), sings, "This sh*t is bananas - B-A-N-A-N-A-S." And then you write about a banana slug mascot. I saw Gwen sing this in a cheerleader outfit with a partially peeled banana on the front of her top. Now, I really can't get this out of my head - thinking of the silly song and some college cheerleader wearing a top with a banana slug on the front. Oh, my imagination!