West Nile, Swine Flu, Meningitis, and Sequelitis

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
You know, it's occurred to me... I can't remember the guy's name, but I remember that the director of THE MASTER OF DISGUISE saying that he really hoped to do a sequel to that movie... why didn't they? I can SORT of see some kind of story continuing, like perhaps the predictable Pistachio and Jennifer have a kid who inherits the Disguisey Energico, or whatever it was called that made them masters of disguise, while perhaps another big bad tries to exploit their destiny (destiny-destiny-destiny-destiny...) to his own benefit.
Um..the movie has 1% on Rotten Tomatoes D'Snowth..it was universally panned..that's pretty much why. I'm sorry if you really like it...but that's what happened.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey, a lot of "bad" movies were given and are being given sequels. *Shrug*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not to mention all those off-brand CGI movies like OPEN SEASON and HOODWINKED... and I know there's others...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, Scooby-Doo did make enough money to warrant a sequel, not to mention he was WB's biggest cash cow at the time. So there's no real comparison there. Plus, the second one was actually good instead of a bunch of lame Brady Bunch movie style jokes.

Now, I could care less for a Pitch Perfect sequel, but then I heard news of this...

THIS is TRUE sequelitis. Complete, infected inflammation of sequels coming out of the rotting bowels of a movie that only fans of the movie could possibly like. The CGI looks horrible. Even for them. Seriously... why is the internet all up about Bronies? They should go after the fanbase of THIS trash. They're a bujillion times worse.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't even give them that much credit.

Even Studio Brinquendo (or whatever the heck that is) would do a better job, and even Ratatoing is more worthy of a trilogy.

Something tells me that Alpha Omega's going to be the next Land Before Time. Er... as in crappy DTV sequels... not quality.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm so sick of those CGI sequels that are about the first movie's protagonists kids who take on the whole story and practically do it backwards. I loved the Little Mermaid, but The Little Mermaid II was utterly ridiculous. It was the same story, just backwards, (instead, Ariel's daughter wishes she had fins and lived underwater).
That's the best example I could think of.

I just hope Frozen doesn't get a sequel. I love Frozen, but I think a sequel will ruin the franchise completely. A couple of theatrical shorts (and maybe a TV special) would be nice, but that's all I want to see. No more. Leave the Frozen franchise untouched!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just hope Frozen doesn't get a sequel. I love Frozen, but I think a sequel will ruin the franchise completely. A couple of theatrical shorts (and maybe a TV special) would be nice, but that's all I want to see. No more. Leave the Frozen franchise untouched!
What to go, you just jinxed it. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney pretty much stopped DTV Cheapquels. Tinkerbell became a DTV franchise, but that was actually based on a series of Italian Comics (no freaking Wizards of Mickey or Paperinik of course :rolleyes: ). Frozen did make a crap-ton of money, but I don't see they really doing a sequel (especially one DTV). If anything, we need a sequel to Wreck-it-Ralph, if only to clear up why the game's called Fix it Felix JR. And for more merchandise.

But the only reason we get odd sequels to modest to barely adequate at the Box Office films like Alpha and Omega (again, they're a much more advisable target over Bronies...at least MLP:FIM is good) and The Nut Job is because they're made by these smaller fifth party studios who want to have a franchise over more creative means. Seriously... the Nut Job studio really should consider a Bolts and Blip movie (they animated that series too) over a Nut Job sequel.

Side note: I can't recommend Bolts and Blip enough. It's surprisingly good, and the best CGI television animation I've ever seen.